JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2992)
Job Title: Senior GBV Officer
Application deadline: 16.05.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant training
- Good working knowledge of English language
- Minimum three years professional experience in implementing GBV response programs.
- Excellent computer skills and abilities in Excel, Word, and web-based platforms/databases, and the ability to train others in these systems;
- Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls
- Good communication, listening and social skills
- skills in group learning techniques, as well as skills in problem solving, conflict resolution, team building, planning and organizing
- Knowledge of working with NGOS
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish(written and spoken)
- Strengthen the capacity of GBV staff including Focal Points and Adolescent Girls’ Assistants, volunteers and peer girls through technical support, ongoing training/learning sessions and conduct regular meetings with staff and peer girls to monitor the progress of activities and address any challenges.
- Assist in the selection criteria and identification of mentors in collaboration with the Adolescent Girls Manager and Adolescent Girls Focal Points.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of documents, M&E and reporting tools, reference materials for girl peers, targeted girls, Adolescent Girl Focal Points, Adolescent Girls Assistants, Community Mobilizers, Team leaders and Caseworkers with support from the GBV team and Adolescent Girls Manager when necessary.
- Develop sessions based on the needs of Adolescent Girls. In collaboration with the GBV Manager and the Adolescent Girls Manager, contribute to the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions for the mentors, Adolescent Girl Focal Points and targeted girls.
- Work closely with GBV team to ensure GBV responses are reflective of the needs of girls’.
- Assessing gaps and needs within the teams regarding adolescent girl programming
- To recommend, participate, and put in place capacity building plans.
- Based on the established criteria, identify and register the beneficiaries for the program.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation tools are completed with data inputted, analyzed and shared with GBV team on a regular basis.
- Support Community Mobilizers, Focal Points and Adolescent Girls’ Assistants to be able to engage with parents (or guardians/gatekeepers) in the communities the IMC works.
- Through observation and regular evaluations, oversee and ensure the quality of activities implemented by the Adolescent Girl Focal Points, Adolescent Girls’ Assistants, facilitators/trainers; and share information with the GBV Manager in weekly meetings.
- Draft reports on adolescent girls activities and contribute to GBV regular reports.
Develop training materials and deliver trainings aimed to build the capacity of the volunteers/staff on both internal and national levels.
Duty Station: Ain Issa, Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.