JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3016)
Job Title: Non Formal Education Assistant
Application deadline: 30.05.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University degree in a relevant domain.
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Prevention of Gender Based Violence minimum standards.
- Knowledge of basic principles of teaching, positive discipline, children’s development and learning.
- Experience in working with children, in social work and outreach activities, including psychosocial support and social emotional learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, nonviolent communication and listening skills.
- Motivation and energy, pro-active and willing to share and discuss ideas.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- English language
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Lead the set up and assessment for the NFE centers
- Conduct the assessment of children in the related age group for the NFE component
- Registration of children and grouping according to age and level
- Assessing and selecting potential location for the NFE centres
- Communicate to the community on the details and importance of the component
Lead the operational management and running of the NFE centres
- Manage all procurement needs for the centres
- Assess the needs related to teachers , children and classes
- Ensure classes are physically safe
- Ensure children have access to water and latrines
- Record students attendance sheet and follow up on drop outs accordingly
Technical supervision and support for NFE facilitators
- Follow up on lesson planning and delivery of lessons by the NFE facilitators
- Support and mentor the NFE facilitators
- Manage the implementation of Facilitators learning circles
- Include formative assessment for children and follow up on learning outcomes and children in need for additional support
- Referral of children to specialized services
Conduct parenting sessions and awareness sessions for caregivers
- Prepare the parenting sessions materials
- Prepare and send the invitations for parents
- Facilitate the sessions using active facilitation techniques
- Record attendance of parents and follow up accordingly
- Meet with community stakeholders and main education actors to inform them about the project, to involve them with the implementation process when requested by the Education Officer
- Work with the Protection team, ensure protection principles are mainstreamed throughout the Education Programme and support the organisation and implementation of common activities and events.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in programme as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organisation.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
– المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/TBQ/082 بخانة الموضوع
firstname.lastname@example.org على البريد الالكتروني
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.