JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3033)
Job Title: Protection Officer
Application deadline: 02.06.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University degree in Social Sciences or another related field.
- A high standard of written and verbal English is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience conducting trainings in; Child Protection, GBV minimum standards, principles of protection mainstreaming and safeguarding.
- Experience in working with children, adolescents and families who have complex needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Former NGO work experience.
- Experience in managing staff is desirable.
Supervision and support to Protection activities
- Supervise Protection Assistants and implement relevant probation and PDR processes.
- Support Protection Assistants to implement relevant probation and PDR processes with Protection Facilitators and.
- Complete a comprehensive induction for new staff members joining the protection program.
- Assist Protection Assistants and outreach staff to identify new approaches to support families with additional needs.
- Support Protection Assistants in the identification and mapping of referral pathways in Raqqa, Tabqa, Mansoura and Minbij, and Kobane ensuring that they are functional.
- Support the Protection Manager and Protection Assistants to ensure the allocated budget for Protection is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget.
- Work with the Protection Assistants to develop detailed implementation work plans and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
- With guidance from the Protection Managers, review and follow up referral pathways and Cash for Protection (CFP) referrals in line with Concern’s Cash for Protection SOP, working closely with the outreach team.
Training and community linkages
- Support in the integration and training of Concern staff in protection mainstreaming (e.g. gender equality, accountability) across Concern’s different programs.
- Assist in training staff and educating beneficiaries on issues related to safeguarding including the prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA).
- Frequently liaise with local authorities and other organizations for projects approvals and successful activity integration.
Reporting, quality control and monitoring and accountability
- Prepare reports in English according to agreed timelines on activities undertaken in the protection program.
- Support Concern’s MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality, and prepare case studies.
- Comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply, please send an email including:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Three professional references with full information (emails – phone numbers – job positions)
– Job title, job location and serial number CWW / SYR / TBQ / 086 subject