JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3051)
Job Title: WASH Assistant
Application deadline: 03/06/2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protecti
- University degree in civil engineering, hydraulics, electricity, mechanics or related field;
- Previous experience in engineering works (construction, water networks, electrical/mechanical works, etc…);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other engineering programs as AutoCAD or EpaNET;
- Familiarity with Sphere standards, especially the ones related with WaSH;
- Ability to visit (on a daily basis) different project sites, in different districts;
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values;
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices;
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion;
- Basic written and spoken English skills are essential.
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Needs assessments in camps, water stations and other wash related facilities
- Prepare needs assessments and site assessments, like latrines and water distribution points needed in camps, water stations rehabilitation needs, water and sewage networks assessments, camps assessments, etc…
- Visit communities (formal and informal settlements, neighbourhoods, camps, etc…) and conduct consultations and assessments about their needs
- Prepare detailed BoQs for rehabilitations of water stations, water networks, sewage networks, latrines in camps and informal settlements, water distribution points, and any other work related to WaSH.
- Prepare advertising documents for procurement, like Scope of Works, AutoCAD designs, etc…. as per Concern templates
- Prepare all the supporting documentation for payment to contractors.
- Prepare other documents related to WaSH activities, such as official communication letters to local authorities, MoUs, assists the officer in preparation of contracts, etc…
Supervision of rehabilitation works
- Monitor, independently and closely, rehabilitations works in water stations, water networks, sewage networks, WaSH facilities in camps, etc… through regular visits to the site. The assistant will have to visit the works at least on a weekly basis and make sure that the works are according to the specifications.
- Fill monitor sheets as per Concern template, stating the works done in the period
- Ensure that all construction and rehabilitation works are carried out in a safe and responsible manner; ensuring the contractor complies with best practices to ensure safe and responsible construction sites including adherence to Concern’s internal guidelines on Health and Safety.
- Notify the Officer and WaSH Manager/Coordinator of any issue that may arise during the works (such as delay, requests from the contractor, problems with bad quality, etc…)
- Coordinate works with local authorities, civil councils, water departments, camp managements, other partners, suppliers and contractors, and other actors.
Supervision and support of rehabilitated facilities
- Visit regularly facilities rehabilitated by Concern, such as water stations, networks, facilities in camps, etc… and ensure that they are functioning properly
- Assist with routine maintenance in the rehabilitated facilities
- Support in capacity building trainings to water departments’ operators, by giving sessions according to their own specialty.
- Conduct assessments an consultations to detect needs of water departments and stations, in terms of training and equipment
- Support the officer in discussions with local authorities
- Provide technical assistance to the WaSH team according to the technical specialty of the assistant and its degree.
- Comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of Concern’s Programme Participants Protection Policy and accountability commitments to ensure maximum protection to Programme beneficiaries across the programmes.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/TBQ/087 في خانة الموضوع
على البريد الالكتروني : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.