JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3052)
Job Title: Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Application deadline: 02.06.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protecti
- University degree in a relevant domain.
- Former NGO experience in one of the inclusion and diversity strands (gender equality , disabilities , learning difficulties)
- Able to create and run training sessions on diversity and inclusion
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Basic Knowledge of Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Prevention of Gender Based Violence minimum standards.
- Basic Knowledge of basic principles of teaching, positive discipline, children’s development and learning.
- Motivation and energy, pro-active and willing to share and discuss ideas.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Experience in working with children, in social work and outreach activities, including psychosocial support and social emotional learning.
Promote and advise on diversity and inclusion standards
- Attend and represent Concern Worldwide in all trainings and meetings related to gender equality, disabilities, learning difficulties and IDPs and refugee inclusion.
- Identifying external trends and recognising best practices that will increase diversity and inclusion within the programmes activities.
- Promote diversity and inclusion initiatives and share best practices across all sectors especially with protection and education.
- Provide continuous advice, guidance and support on equality, diversity and inclusion issues faced in the field to Programmes staff
- Support the protection team in the service mapping and follow up on referrals related to discrimination incidents.
Training and capacity building for staff
- Prepare and develop training materials related to gender equality , disabilities , learning difficulties , IDPs and refugees inclusion.
- In coordination with Programmes managers, deliver focused trainings to key programmes staff on : Gender equality; Disabilities inclusion; Learning difficulties inclusion; IDPs and refugees inclusion and other topics as required.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and workshops to staff to continuously discuss about diversity and inclusion measures.
Implementation of diversity and inclusion best practices
- Support staff to understand the needs for children with learning difficulties in the NFE centres and CFSs and help to identify and disseminate the most effective teaching methods for them.
- Support staff to understand the needs of children and adults with disabilities and to respond accordingly.
- Conduct field visits to programmes activities including NFE centres , CFSs, and livelihood centres to support in the diversity and inclusion best practices implementation.
- In coordination with the M&E team support in conducting satisfactory surveys with beneficiaries and caregivers.
- Regularly, meet with camp leaders in informal settlements, camp management and stakeholders to follow up on inclusion practices and implementation.
Reporting, quality control, monitoring and accountability
- Prepare monthly reports in English on activities undertaken.
- Support the Programme Manager in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Support Concern’s MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to inclusion and diversity, in programme as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organisation.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa or Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/TBQ/088 في خانة الموضوع
على البريد الالكتروني : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.