إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 3084
المسمى الوظيفي: Mother Babies Areas Officer (MBA Officers) مسؤول مساحة الأم و الطفل
اخر موعد للتقديم: 06.06.2020
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط.
تقبل السير الذاتية المكتوبة بالانكليزية فقط، مع مراعاة ان يكون نوع الملف اما Word أو PDF.
- Willingness to learn
- Proven capacity of leadership and teamwork
- Experience working in the community as mobiliser or educator
- Capacity to keep accurate records of activities and report in a timely manner
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Ability to make a work plan and direct work independently
- Willingness to live and work in difficult situations
- Fluent in Kurdish, Arabic and some knowledge of English
- Previous experience working with an NGO
Knowledge of the operational area
Education and Counseling:
- Provide appropriate and tailored one-to-one counseling support on the WHO recommended breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices, maternal nutrition, and safe artificial feeding (if necessary)
- Lead group education sessions for mothers and carers of children under two years old and deliver accurate key messages on IYCF-E practices and maternal nutrition
- Adapt education sessions according to the needs of mothers/carers involved and the age of the child
- Provide pregnant women with preparatory counseling for breast feeding such as skin-to-skin, early initiation, and colostrum feeding, to prevent pre-lacteal feeds and bottle feeding
- Ensure all mothers/caregivers are aware of the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months
- Provide breastfeeding troubleshooting for mothers experiencing difficulties, including supporting relactation
- Counsel mothers on appropriate complementary feeding (introduction, frequency, diversity, texture, etc.), and the benefits of continued breastfeeding.
- Sensitively address any concerns or local taboos associated with the recommended infant and young child feeding practices.
- Discourage and educate mothers on the dangers of feeding bottles and encourage cup feeding.
- Provide appropriate counseling and advice on safer artificial feeding.
- Lead and conduct support groups for caregivers of children under 2 years old and pregnant and lactating women
- Contribute to the development of contextually appropriate IEC materials and feeding props/tools.
- Utilize education materials on breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices, relaying accurate, practical, and specific advice for the mother’s needs;
Referral and Coordination:
- Screen and refer children for acute malnutrition and intensive nutritional/medical care as required;
- Ensure caregivers are aware of available services and advocate prioritization for caregivers, where necessary, in appropriate services and support;
- Identify/develop appropriate Information Education Communication (IEC) materials and flash cards in the local language, and ensure that the materials are used during counseling and are freely available at mother-baby areas;
Reporting and Advocacy:
- Maintain records of mothers and children attending education sessions, receiving skilled assessment and support; and MUAC data.
- Submit monthly reporting of activities
- Record and report any donations or untargeted distributions of infant formula, bottles and teats and other violations of The Code;
- Play an active role in advocacy to promote proper IYCF-E Practices, antenatal and postnatal checkups, importance of institutional deliveries, vaccination and growth monitoring.
- Maintain records of IYCF-E materials and resources and report stock usage;
- Participate in other IYCF-E program duties as requested;
- Ensure a comfortable, calm, environment for counseling sessions and maintain good relationships with the beneficiaries.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Hassakah
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني / الرابط الإلكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.