JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3104)
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Application deadline: 25.06.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- BA qualification in a relevant discipline (Business and Social sciences included)
- 4-5 years previous experience in a Logistics role.
- Experience working with NGO/Humanitarian sector in supply chain departments
- Experience in data analysis, market surveys and suppliers database
- Excellent written and spoken English–Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish
- Computer skills (MS Package), IT and technically oriented
- Excellent excel skills
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities; Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
- A strong team spirit
- Post-Graduate degree in relevant
- Experience in personnel management and transport maintenance desired.
- Experience in coaching or training of staff
- excellent negotiation skills
- To be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- To be culturally sensitive and empathic to others
- To have some sense of humour
- Ability to travel for long distances and work under pressure
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
Preparing and rolling out guidance notes for users on specific areas of Logistics procedures
Prepare and roll out country-specific logistics and administrative policies, procedures and flow charts in line with Concern’s global policies and provide training and briefings on these to relevant staff
Advise the (Country Management Team) CMT of logistics and security issues affecting project implementation and propose cost effective and efficient solutions
Liaise with logistics managers of other International NGOs and UN agencies, sharing best practice and practical information
Assist the programmes team in the procurement planning phase during proposals and implementation period
Conduct regular assessment of Logistic department on each Concern base around North East Syria (NES) and support team in their work organisation, communication and strategy after analyse and recommendation with the Logistics Coordinator
Conduct regular spot checks on each Concern base around NES for different logistics’ duties and control the compliance of applied practices with Concern internal rules and procedures
Supporting Logistics Coordinator in the draft of flow charts adapted to bases’ organisations and set up, and according to Concern’s and donors regulation, on each logistics’ subject: Procurement, Transport, Stocks and Property management
- Provide technical leadership and advice to department staff and to managers in all locations on specific logistics issues
- Support and review the logistics and administrative aspects and budgets of each donor proposal or internal Concern budget review prior to submission and provide feedback and/or advise where necessary
- At the start of any new donor contract identify and communicate all donor-specific logistics requirements to the relevant personnel in all departments to ensure compliance throughout the duration of the project
- Support in the logistics aspects of donor reports
- Ensuring Concern and donor procurement procedures are implemented
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator on follow up of all project procurement plan which will be prepared prior to and implemented immediate at the start of each new project
- Ensuring supply and construction contracts done under local procurement are both technical and legally sound
- Negotiating with major suppliers and implementing framework agreements with for frequently purchased items for those which can be carried locally
- Reviewing (Supplies Requests) SR tracking sheet before sharing it to Coordination with relevant KPI
- Maintaining the contract tracking management sheet at local stage
- Ensuring that procurement files are stored electronically and in hard copy as per Concern and Donor regulations in each base and saved regularly
- Responsible for RFQ/RFP launching, bids analysis, contract development and contract management.
- Reinforce current procedures and the quality of Concern internal control, based on international best practices, donor requirements and results of internal and external audits
- Accountable for overall compliance with the procurement procedures.
- Check deliveries follow-up of each procurement contracts
- Communication with field office(s) via e-mail, skype or cell phone in order to provide on time procurement supports.
- Have a clear understanding of the procurement policy and assist in advising program and office management on required practices and procedures;
- Adhere to all Concern procurement policies and procedures. Advise supervisor and colleagues on solution-oriented methods to conduct large and intense procurements while adhering to policies timelines;
- Conduct frequent market surveys and maintain a strong knowledge of the local market in Yemen;
- Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors has been made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial system of Concern.
- Closely work with the systems director and district mangers to identify the gaps in procurement system and suggest improvements.
- Supervise and
- Other duties as assigned
Stock and Property Management
Contribute to identify warehouses/storage space based on needs in the area, with a strategic view of flows & interconnections between locations & Concern offices in coordination with the DM.
Ensuring staff skills on stock and inventory management are up to date
Ensuring fixed asset registers are updated and verified regularly
Ensuring optimised management of assets
Ensuring all procedures and documents relating to asset management are followed and assets are safe guarded with physical checks in line with Concern Logistics Manual
Ensuring donation certificates with recipient signatures are obtained and filed for all assets and equipment donated to beneficiaries/partner groups
Ensuring correct and adequate management of donations-in-kind paperwork, procedures and reporting
Contribute to maintain and disseminate a monthly stock report for every project
Periodically provide the Log Coordinator with a list of obsolete items
Handle periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner
- Leading and managing logistics team by capacity building, on-the-job training and coaching
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator in job description drafting in order to match set up needs
- Monitoring and reviewing performance against set objectives, giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance
- Identifying and taking appropriate action to fill resource gaps
Ensuring effective fleet management is in place, in accordance with Concern procedures.
Assessing transport requirements for the programmes on a regular basis and implanting changes when necessary
- Review and ensure the good communication of different weekly reports on procurement, stocks and transport by bases to the Logistics Coordinator
- The logistics manager will adhere to Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4) and will report to the Country Director if there are any suspected breeches of such
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Derek/Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply, please send an email including:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Three professional references with full information (emails – phone numbers – job positions)
– Job title, job location and serial number CWW /SYR/NES/096 subject
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.