JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3153)
Job Title: Senior Health Officer
Application deadline: 30.06.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Medical Degree; Medical Doctor;
- Previous 3 years of experience in PHC design, implementation and supervision required;
- Past experience working with health NGO or INGO preferred;
- Experience in monitoring, report writing and basic analysis of health data;
- Fluency in local language required; advanced English language skills preferred;
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc); previous experience with District Health Information System (DHIS) database packages preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
Ability to communicate in local language. Good English is required.
Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected.
- Manage all health activities and service delivery in assigned PHC/MMUs.
- Directly manage medical and support staff who are paid volunteers working as a team inside the facility.
- Oversee all operational needs for the PHC/MMUs, ensuring all running costs and inventory needs are well planned and managed; Work in close coordination with Field Management teams to ensure the facility and activities have necessary operational and logistical support.
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation of community level activities, coordination within program and with relevant stakeholders at community level and other NGOs working in the area with particular focus on health
- Work in collaboration with other health team members specializing in specific technical areas and service packages to ensure clinic staff are properly trained, following treatment protocols and guidelines, as well as delivering quality services.
- Under the supervision of the Health Services Manager the SHO will manage all aspects of the of Primary Health Care including supervision and capacity-building of service providers, and monitoring plans and adapt program to changing context as needed
- Conduct regular site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verify consumption rates of pharmaceuticals and supplies/consumables
- Training and ensuring the service providers using the RH related data recording and reporting tools
- Manage all medical commodities in the PHC/MMUs; work in collaboration with the Pharmacy team to plan and prepare orders for pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment.
- Prepare supervision plans and conduct regular technical monitoring of clinic services; prepare reports with identified issues, recommendations, and action plans to improve quality of services; Conduct patient chart reviews on weekly basis and submit report to the Health Manager.
- Analyze routine health data to report on trends, identify gaps or challenges to service delivery, and inform program decision making.
- Collaborate with health team members to design and implement needs assessments in catchment area.
- Collaborate with health team members to design interventions that address gaps identified in community assessments, monitoring of quality of care, from routine data, and/or from community health information.
- Ensure health information system and data collection processes are properly implemented in the clinic.
- Participate in regular project review meetings with the Health Manager; contribute to plans for corrective actions based on technical supervision, indicator performance, and M&E reports from patient satisfaction surveys and monitoring visits.
- Submit weekly progress reports to direct line manager; contribute to monthly and quarterly reports per project needs for grant reporting.
- Coordinate with other health actors and partners in implementation area
- Train and mentor staff/volunteers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Oversee all recruitment and management of clinic-based staff and volunteers; conduct periodic performance reviews, manage all disciplinary actions with the support of the supervisor and Human Resources department, identify and recommend needed changes in staffing.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Replace the doctor- GP of the PHC/ MMU in absence or take a leave.
- Other duties assigned by line manager.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp, Al Hassakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.