JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3174)
Project Officer -CCCM – Site maintenance
Application deadline: 28.06.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- At least 3-year experience working in the Shelter / CCCM Site Maintenance department of INGOs and/or International Institutions;
- At least 1-year experience managing a team of assistants;
- University degree in a relevant subject (i.e. civil engineer);
- Intermediate skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. particularly MS Excel);
- Fluency local language (Arabic) and English (i.e. speaking and writing);
- Ability to translate questionnaire from English to local language;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong attention to details;
- Does not reside in the camp or work for another actor active in the camp.
- 1-year experience as CCCM Site Engineer for INGOs and/or Internal Institutions;
- 2-year Managerial experience, including leading/supervising staff, report writing, meeting facilitation.
- Ensure effective monitoring of services provision / infrastructures in the camp;
- Ensure the development/supervision of Site maintenance works;
- Ensure proper implementation/follow-up of Site maintenance activities;
- Manage the CCCM Site Maintenance Unit.
- Implement/Follow up all Site maintenance-related activities in the camp:
- Monitor service provision in the camp:
- Conduct regular service and infrastructure monitoring for the sites in close cooperation with the Information Management unit and map partner`s and community infrastructure in the sites;
- Timely report to the CCCM Team Leader of any gaps and duplication in the service delivery and any site upgrading/maintenance intervention needed;
- Support to partners to achieve agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality.
- Support improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, databases and reports and infrastructure mapping and monitoring
- Lead in the creation or strengthening of Site maintenance committees so that the appointment of committee members is done in a transparent and inclusive way and that ToR are created in a participatory manner and agreed upon all stakeholders;
- Train the committee members and coaching them through organisation of regular meetings was well as daily supervision
- In cooperation with the other team members, consult community members and particular community governance structures prior to implement site improvements and maintenance works.
- Develop/Supervise site maintenance works in the camp:
- Supervise regular assessment of site infrastructure and physical service delivery in the camp (e.g. drainage, roads, water supply, community infrastructure);
- Prepare accurate BoQ for site maintenance and infrastructure works;
- Select casual labours in cooperation with communities and ensure that there is an equal representation of gender, age and minorities within the workforce;
- Preparing plans for site works, and overseeing implementation by casual labours /contractors as needed;
- Considering environmental impacts of infrastructure works from planning to implementation and taking all the necessary measures to mitigate the impacts as much as possible;
- In coordination with the other team members, as well as the line manager, conduct assessments to identify infrastructure needs related to CCCM priorities, with a focus on improving vulnerable resident’s access to services;
- Ensure all the necessary measure to guarantee safety of casual labours, contractors and site population are in place through the implementation of site maintenance, shelter and infrastructure works;
- Store, manage and maintain tools and items for site upgrading/site maintenance in coordination with the logistic department and ensuring compliance to ORGANIZATION internal procedures;
- Coordinate with other ORGANIZATION department regarding procurement of any material resources for site upgrading/site maintenance;
- While carrying out site maintenance, infrastructure and site improvements intervention always paying special attention to accessibility and special needs of vulnerable group, particular of people with limited mobility.
- Ensure protection mainstreaming through the Site activities
- Support and consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities;
- Adhere and Promote to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse principles and guidelines (for site residents, ORGANIZATION staff, partner agencies)
- Support and promote participation of women, youth, and marginalised groups
- Refer immediately protection cases identified to ORGANIZATION Protection Officer for referral to protection actors.
- Manage the Site maintenance unit:
- Ensure Management of Site maintenance activities
- Support the CCCM Team leader in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the implementation of Site maintenance activities;
- Ensure regular follow-ups on weekly and long-term work plan implementation of Site maintenance activities;
- Provide inputs for the elaboration of Procurement plans as requested by the CCCM Team Leader;
- Attend weekly CCCM team meetings;
- Flag directly foreseen challenges / issues arise in link with the Site maintenance activities to CCCM Team Leader, including security incidents;
- Attend inter-actor Operational/Sectorial/Ad hoc meetings in the camp;
- Support the CCCM Team Leader in identifying areas for improvement and developing site strategy;
- Ensure accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos, as requested by the CCCM Team Leader;
- Ensure compliance to ORGANIZATION internal procedures and donor procedures;
- Ensure thorough reporting (i.e. (externally) monthly report Site maintenance activities, (internally) weekly report to CCCM Team Leader).
- Participation in recruitment of new staff, under guidance of the CCCM Team Leader;
- Day to day supervision and management of CCCM Site Maintenance assistants and Site Maintenance skilled/unskilled workers (i.e. attendance sheet signature, follow-up with finance…);
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity building needs and opportunities, in coordination with the CCCM Team Leader / HR department.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa-Abu Khashab Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
A) fill in the application through applying to the following link”
B) Applications will no longer be accepted after 28 June 2020
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.