JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3189)
Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager
Application deadline: 02.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Advanced degree in Psychology or counselling with psychotherapy, clinical and or any other academic qualification alongside counselling psychology work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in \, psychosocial support/psychology, in clinical and/or direct practice settings.
- Knowledgeable in and has used the IASC MHPSS guidelines and best practices as part of their previous work experience.
- Strong experience in clinical supervision, training and or coaching others.
- Experience in assessment, program design, evaluation and technical training and supervision using WHO’s mental health gap action program (mhGAP).
- Minimum of 1-2 years of management experience desired.
- Extensive experience designing and rolling our trainings to diverse audiences.
- Experience working with partners to implement programming
- Solid understanding of case management and survivor-centered care in humanitarian settings,
- Strong experience in training with good facilitation skills and ability to organize and implement trainings on sensitive topics
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated organizational, management and reporting skills;
- Strong communication skills; Demonstrated ability to liaise with partner organizations Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with different types of people, including representation and liaison with external parties
- Interpersonal qualities: Works well in teams and promotes teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure and conflict well in a calm and constructive manner
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to be flexible, adaptable, and creative in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic are Required
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Provision of MHPSS technical support to mental health, community health teams and protection staff as well as organization partner organizations:
o Provide training on the identification and management of priority mental health conditions to general health and protection staff in line with WHO/UNHCR mhGAP Intervention Guidelines (IG) 2.0;
- Develop a system for follow up with organization mhGAP trained GP’s to monitor the quality of services delivered and oversee the coordination with PHCC staff in the designated locations.
o Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) and protocols for mental health and psychosocial support providers for consistent use across organization`s programs (supervision mechanisms, care pathways, etc.);
o Develop and ensure integrated data collection tools are used across health teams; with a special focus on referrals and follow up using the IASC MHPSS RG referral tool;
o Works in collaboration with the Protection PSS Senior Officer to ensure regular and consistent referrals to the Health teams and clinical care of complex cases is provided
o Assist in developing and implementing data collection, M&E and quality control measures (e.g. on the job supervision checklists, client satisfaction measures mhGAP training reports) for mental health services, identify and raise technical challenges that will face in the delivery of MHPSS services and propose tools and mechanisms to overcome them in a timely manner;
o Conduct/participate in mental health and psychosocial needs assessment among the affected populations. This will include assessments consistent with IASC guidelines and MHPSS WHO assessment toolkit, at different stages of program planning and implementation;
o Support response to the identified needs by providing training for specific psychosocial group and individual level interventions/ activities (adapted and appropriate to each one’s specific needs and capacities);
o Assess partner’s learning using a series of mentorship tools, and support the GBV case managers to assess partner’s field based teams;
o Support the timely information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level.
- Write clinical reports and case studies related to MHPSS when it’s required.
Direct following up with MH team:
- Provide support for implementation of mhGAP programs utilizing WHO’s supervision and operational guidelines;
- Provide direct training, supportive supervision and monitoring and evaluation assistance to the Mental Health Social Workers providing psychological interventions, working inside the supported health facilities;
- Participate in proposals that includes any MHPSS activities, provide the technical support and design the activities
Research, Learning and Analysis
- Work with partner organizations and teams to conduct regular analysis of MHPSS data collected from field teams in order to note trends and inform programming accordingly, as well as sharing information via reports as needed
Coordination & Representation
- Support the timely information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level
- Represent the organization in internal and external forums as needed, Gender Based Violence Sub Cluster; MHPSS Sub-Working Group.
- In close collaboration with the Protection and Health Coordinators, identify, establish, and maintain strategic partnership and coordination with other service providers related to MHPSS services to ensure sharing of learning
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: AL Hassaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.