JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3181)
Job Title: Senior Health Manager
Application deadline: 02.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Medical Doctor/Health background.
- Masters in Public Health is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in humanitarian organization or governmental entity of which minimum 2 years in a managerial level, preferably in a conflict or post disaster setting.
- Excellent organizational and program management experience, including with staff and implementation workplans, budget management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination and networking skills.
- Experience with situation analysis and health assessments.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring staff.
- Experience in pharmacy management
- Excellent problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to handle pressure and improve.
- Ability to live in a high security environment.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook and the internet.
- Proficiency in English language is essential ; knowledge of Arabic is highly required
- Oversee the implementation and expansion of health services in Raqqa and Hasakeh governorates (MMUs and static clinics), ensuring that program goals and objectives are met.
- Identify opportunities for programs expansion: Implement action plans for health services scale up, considering extent of needs and gaps, and organization’s internal capacity to respond.
- Participate in rapid needs assessments with other organization sectors and external agencies as required.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies to maximize utilization of Health Services in areas of implementation.
- Ensure that health services sub component is implemented in accordance with health sector objectives and goals, and in accordance with organization programming principles.
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits, in agreement with the Health Coordinator and Senior Programs Coordinator.
- Oversee implementation of basic emergency obstetric care in supported facilities and ensure adherence to international protocols and guidelines.
- Track budgets, procurement plans, and work plans to ensure proper personnel, facilities, and supplies are available to meet grant deliverables.
- Review and update internal program tracking tools for health services interventions, in coordination with Grants, Finance, and Supply Chain teams.
- Support establishment of high quality pharmaceutical warehouse management systems, monitoring and follow-up of all pharmaceutical supplies and drugs in organization and partner health facilities.
- Work closely with supply chain department to ensure medical commodities storage, distribution, and dispensation systems function, and adhere to quality control standards.
- Work closely with the pharmaceutical Management Officer to monitor pharmaceutical consumption at MMUs and static facilities, and ensure a rational prescription and dispensing approach is followed.
- Work closely with M&E department to support patient satisfaction survey process, in addition to supporting spot check visits.
- Work with the community health care manager to ensure health care services meet community needs, and adopting an integrated community approach.
- Provide regular reports on program implementation progress and challenges, and site visit reports to the health coordinator.
- Support national staff recruitment in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.: Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff.
- Supervise Health Services staff directly, overseeing implementation and coordination of activity plans to ensure targets are met.
- Provide supportive supervision, including development and monitoring of regular work plans.
- Provide timely and quality performance evaluations.
- Identify capacity building needs of international and national staff and develop capacity building plans to maximize performance and professional development.
- Participate in training and mentoring of health and other staff members in response to capacity building needs.
- Ensure organization HR policies are respected at all times.
- Promote the organization Way with all supervisee
Grant implementation and Budget management
- Participate in development, monitoring and implementation of health budgets and activities, in alignment with agreed and/or contractual timelines.
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of work plans, and ensure adherence with grant guidelines.
- Maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
- Work with HIS officer to prepare a weekly HIS report for the health coordinator, other internal actors, and external stakeholders as required.
- Work with HIS manager to provide weekly beneficiary counts and analysis of health cases, to determine epidemiological trends.
- Participate in drafting timely, analytical and accurate internal and donor reports.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and recommend modifications of health program approach as required.
- Participate in writing internal and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements are produced in quality
- Development/ maintenance of effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
Representation & Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders – including I/NGOs, UN agencies, Local Organizations, community based organizations\leaders and other organization sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Ensure presence in coordination meetings in absence of Health Coordinator, and ensure relevant coordination-related data is shared with the WoS Health Cluster.
- Participate in interagency health working groups or committees as required.
- Support identification of local health implementing partners when necessary and oversight of the organization – partner relations. Participate in establishment of new relations with local partners and assist development and review of partnership agreements and relations.
- Assist in regular performance monitoring of partners to achieve the set project’s objectives; provide technical support and guidance.
- Ensure regular capacity building plans and implement activities for partner organizations.
- Support coordination with health partners to ensure effective coverage of health needs and avoid deconflcition and overlap in program intervention
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.