JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3206)
Job Title: Information Management and Monitoring Officer
Application deadline: 08.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor degree in, International Relief and Development, Computer Science, Statistics, Social Sciences, Industrial Engineering, or related field;
- At least 2-4 years of relevant working experience in the area of M&E;
- Demonstrated experience in developing data collection tools for M&E (e.g. surveys, structured observations, focus group discussions);
- Demonstrated experience designing electronic data collection tools in software such as ODK ONA, KOBO and Commcare;
- Demonstrated experience in training and managing data collectors to produce high quality monitoring data;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in analysis of quantitative data (using Excel, SPSS, Stata, or similar software) and qualitative data;
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint);
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Fluency in Arabic and very good English, written and oral;
- Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, sense of humor, ability to work across various teams and stakeholders, and able to handle pressure well.
- Strong facilitation/communication skills, and strong understanding of how to safely and accurately collect feedback from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Certification or specific training in Statistics and/or Data Management;
- Demonstrated experience using Commcare;
- INGO experience.
FEMALE CANDDIATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization`s Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– We encourage women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Planning and Coordination
- Implement and provide feedback on (as needed) M&E written work plan and data flow diagrams for M&E data collection, reporting, learning meetings, and data quality assessments, all of which are led by the ECD MEL Manager in accordance with the Ahlan Simsim M&E plan.
- Assist ECD MEL Manager in building the capacity of Ahlan Simsim and partner staff in M&E planning, data collection, reporting, and use of data for programmatic decision making;
- Assist the ECD MEL manager to proactively coordinate with our program staff from ECD, Health, CP, and other teams to ensure that M&E data collection and reporting are aligned with activity implementation schedules. Adjust M&E work plan as needed to align with any changes in activity schedules;
- Update ECD MEL manager regularly on work progress and any challenges encountered.
- Collaborate with ECD MEL Manager to ensure that M&E data collection is accurate, complete, timely, and organized according to the Ahlan Simsim M&E plan;
- If funding allows, facilitate creation of electronic data collection system for ECD in NES in either Ona or Commcare software, adapting electronic M&E tools created by other Ahlan Simsim country teams;
- Train ECD MEL staff and our NES program staff on M&E data collection tools and processes;
- Undertake regular field visits to collect data using pre-designed monitoring tools (including surveys, structured observations of ECD activities, focus group discussions with our staff and beneficiaries);
- Train monitoring assistants and other relevant personnel on the monitoring data collection tools (in Commcare) and processes;
- Conduct regular data quality checks using process agreed upon with ECD MEL Manager
- Notify and follow up with the MEAL Manager regarding any monitoring challenges, data quality issues, and comments and feedback from the field.
Assist the ECD MEL Manager and program staff to establish, implement and maintain effecting unique coding system for Ahlan Simsim participants, centers and activities;
- Update paper and/or electronic monitoring tools as needed to resolve any problems encountered during data collection in the field;
- Digitize any new/updated monitoring tools as needed, using Commcare or ODK software;
- Manage and maintain ECD monitoring database in Excel or Commcare, to ensure accurate compilation of data across ECD activities and export data to Excel, Stata, or similar software for analysis as needed
- Collaborate with other NES MEAL staff to ensure that IM processes are as efficient and easy to use as possible, and follow the organization`s IM standards.
Analysis, Reporting, and Learning
- Analyze and report monitoring data for NES ECD activities, which are conducted across sectors (ECD, Health, CP);
- Share monitoring data with ECD program staff on a regular basis to ensure use of data to improve programming;
- Contribute to organizing quarterly learning and reflection meetings to share M&E data with Ahlan Simsim program staff so that they can use M&E findings to improve program implementation;
- Create graphs, tables, and other summaries of monitoring data as needed for reports to donors, thee organization, or other stakeholders;
- Ensure that all monitoring numbers in the organization, donor, or other reports are accurate and consistent.
- Ensure all activities are child and gender sensitive and follow the organization`s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to reinforce the acceptance of the organization in the community.
- Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings and workshops.
- Flexibility on other duties as assigned for program or professional development.
- All staff are required to adhere to THE the organization`s Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the organization`s country employment policies.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.