JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3231)
Job Title: Log Base Officer
Application deadline: 08.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education and experience:
- University Diploma in relevant field.
Professional Competencies Required:
– Previous experience in Logistics at least 6 months.
– Fluency in Arabic, English is a strong asset.
– Previous experience in NGOs is an asset.
Personal Competencies Required:
– Computer literate, proficiency in use of Excel, word and Outlook.
– Technical background.
The organization will offer the successful applicant a until 31st Dec-20 contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
And be willing and able to work in Hassakeh with frequent travels in North East of Syria.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 989 USD/month + (allowances).
Premises (Office / Guesthouses and Warehouses management)
- Ensures that all the premises (including Hassakeh base properties stock) are in technical good condition;
- Ensure a proper follow-up of lease agreement (contract renewal, payments and other details).
- Ensure to update and complete CMC (Contract follow up)
- Ensure to send weekly CMC to Base Logistics manager, Field Log CO and HUB NES Supply Team
- Prepare and follow the payments of running-costs.
- Identify and follow-up maintenance needs (implementation, payments);
- Act as a focal point and manager for the Cleaners, Head Guard and Handyman (collect and solve needs or issues).
- Act as focal point for permanent expatriates concerning all needs or issues about GH;
Ensure a weekly round of the premises, and establish an action plan to fix all issues seen or informed of
- Ensure all the fixtures and necessary arrangements are done for all the premises;
- Ensure a proper follow up of all generators (log books, maintenance, diesel consumption, working hours)
- Any other duties related to management of premises requested by line manager
- Link closely with Fleet & Liaison Officer for visitors/guest/staff from NES bases accommodations.
- Ensure regular follow-up for inventory, furniture;
- Prepare and update lending certificate each time it’s necessary;
- Ensure proper follow-up of equipment (codes, guarantee, life span, maintenance, replacement planning…);
- Keep updated the EFU and send to line manager, IT Officer NES HUB and Field Log Co on a weekly basis;
- Ensure the security of the premises;
- Responsible for tagging the equipment of Hassakeh base according to Equipment management policies and procedures, ensuring the
Proper follow-up of equipment (codes, guarantee, life span, maintenance, replacement planning…)
Responsible for the ordinary and extraordinary technical maintenance of the generators
- Ensure the safety and security of the equipment in stock
- Prepare phones and laptop for new Hassakeh Base staffs arrivals
- Identify and follow the needs of maintenance, contact IT Officer NES HUB, supply unit, or service provider if necessary;
- Ensure that the means of communication are in good shape and condition and working accordingly.
- Responsible for the uninterruptible internet connection.
- Report to line manager on any changes in the ICT structures / systems in the fields of activities and seek for solutions/support.
- Provide technical assistance upon request.
- Link closely with IT Officer NES HUB for IT maintenance, security, tagging and IT equipment follow up
- Manage HR follow up of guards team (with direct supervision of Head Guard)
- Ensure to provide monthly planning to guards.
- Ensure that guards are performing their duties.
- Ensure to provide all needed equipment to guard houses ( torch lights, batteries)
Ensure to provide all necessary training to guards, in order to understand and perform their duties, and enforce security rules, with support from line manager
- Manage HR follow up of housekeepers team
- Ensure to provide monthly planning to housekeeper
- Ensure that housekeepers are performing their duties
Ensure that housekeepers receive the necessary training to understand and perform their duties
- Manage HR follow up of handyman
- Ensure to provide regular planning to handyman
- Ensure that handyman is performing their duties
Ensure that handyman has the proper training and equipment to perform their duties
- STOCK MANAGEMENT
- Ensure a good management of the stock, stationeries and welfare. (Reception of the local freight at office, Check-up and classification of all delivery notes…etc.)
- Make sure the storage management documents are compliant with procedures (when it is the case): Bin cards, stock items request, stock cards, Delivery Notes.
- Compile the weekly inventories from the base
- Works in collaboration Senior supply chain and Stock Officer regarding stock movements and stock follow up and documentation for Hassakeh Base
- Manage Hassakeh stock and make sure that all documents are present and well filled and filed.
- Ensure that Stock follow up (SFU) is daily updated, as well as all documents (Bin card, Stock Card, …)
- Ensure to send weekly SFU to line manager and Field log co and NES HUB supply team
- Ensure that Amuda stocks are clean and well organized.
- Ensure to select the proper vehicle according to volume and vehicle condition.
- Ensure to select appropriate and good number of daily workers according to the activity
- ACCOMODATION MANAGEMENT
- Manage the GH management tools.
- Ensure that all visitors, bases staffs, guests have a room while in Amuda
Other NES bases:
- Ensure that all visitors, NES HUB staffs, guests have a bed to stay while in other bases, with help of their support teams
- Receive and process Inter base Transport and Accommodation Request (for accommodation)
- Link closely with Log Officers/Managers of NES bases to organize the stays.
- Ensure that Field Cos is aware of the persons staying in their bases.
- COORDINATION & REPORTING
- Prepare and update Action Plan / Reporting on a monthly basis;
- Participate actively to meeting (weekly meeting, bi weekly support meeting …).
- Provide any additional support upon request of Line Manager
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.