JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3264)
Job Title: Deputy MEAL Specialist
Application deadline: 24.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Personal abilities :
o Diploma (Bachelor or Master in development studies or social sciences or statistics, +4 years’ experience including 2 years of previous experience in managing the full MEAL portfollio and team and including 2 years working with an INGO preferably in a management role.
o Or in the absence of Master or Bachelor it is requested to have 5 to 7 years’ progressive in AID sector including 2 years working with an INGO preferably in a management role AND including 2years of previous experiences in managing the full MEAL protollio and team.
- Technical competences:
o Previous experiences with donor reporting, delivering trainings and understanding Beneficiary feedback mechanisms/complaint response mechanisms strongly preferred for a minimum of 1 year.
o Excellent attention to details, ability to prioritize, analytical capacity, organizational skills and discretion with confidential information.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (essential), Arabic (essential) and Kurdish (preferable).
o Fully computer literate including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
o Practical knowledge of KOBO toolbox, including questionnaire design in MS Excel.
Travel required minimum 50% (Syria and Kurdish region of Iraq)
- Participate in developing policies/strategies, SOPs and action plans (M&E, Beneficiary Feedback and Complaint response mechanism, gender, Do-no harm) across a range of sector in an often complex, remote working environment
- Support user-oriented analysis of the consortium’s programs’ effects/outcomes and identification of key lessons learnt and best practice
- Support the application of MEAL in fully remote management context, patch work of access across a wide range of sectors, etc.
Training and Technical Support
- Develop training modules, in collaboration with the MEAL Specialist.
- Develop consortium teams’ capacities in data collection and analysis, work with KOBO, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, etc.
- Provide consortium’s teams with a technical and methodological support for M&E activities and data management (questionnaire design, sampling, data entry, interpretation, reporting)
- Support partner teams in creating or adapting tools, with a focus on harmonized consortium tools
Monitoring and Evaluation of Consortium activities
- In line with MEAL action plan, support, propose and/or organize M&E missions in collaboration with other technical specialists, partner’s focal points, field coordinators and Third party monitors:
o Post-intervention Monitoring;
o Internal Evaluation (interim or final);
o Follow up mission with program teams to integrate cross-cutting issues (gender, do-no harm, etc);
o Do-no-harm analysis;
o Thematic studies on the sectors of activities of the consortium;
o Spot-check monitoring visits
o Follow up of accountability monitoring framework in coordination with the protection specialist.
- Contribute to the harmonization of consortium MEAL tools and processes across consortium partners
- Participate in validation of submitted data, reports, analysis, maps and recommendations produced by the MEAL consortium partners before their dissemination.
- Contribute to terms of references for external evaluations and studies.
- Support the design and implementation of formal complaints response mechanism.
- Support the design and implementation of beneficiary feedback/community outreach activities.
- Spot check visits (see above) to check with partners that key principles are respected
Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB)
- Support the design, dissemination and usage of IKB tools in the consortium.
- Support recommendation tracking process (internal and external) and work with partners on action plans.
- Support preparation of consortium learning workshops.
- Produce a detailed handover report in the approved SI format at the end of the employment contract, validated by the MEAL Specialist.
HR Management/Capacity Development
- Manage the consortium’s MEAL officers.
- Make sure that new staff is briefed on MEAL’s roles and responsibilities.
- Participate in the performance evaluation of consortium MEAL team members.
- Identify capacity development needs
Reporting / Communication / Representation
- Make sure the right reporting formats are respected and reports are delivered on time.
- Cross-check, follow-up, and analyze ITTs received from partners across sectors for consortium-wide donor reports. Support IM and Grants Specialist to finalise donor reports
- Assess and feedback to CMU MEAL Specialist on the standard of data received by partners for onward management and lessons learnt in the consortium
- Support dissemination of final versions of MEAL reports, studies and analysis produced by the consortium.
- Upon request, develop case studies and success stories.
- Represent SI when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Share with the MEAL Specialist any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on consortium activities and team security & safety.
Duty Station: ((based in Erbil-KRI or NES (Raqqa, Amuda or Al Hassakeh) or Amman))
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.