JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3276)
Job Title: Medical Supervisor
Application deadline: 20.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Medical Diploma or Degree (Qualified Doctor/Nurse). Public health background is highly desirable
- At least 3 years related experience.
- Experience in technical Staff capacity building for Medical programs.
- Relevant experience in team supervision, implementation and monitoring of Medical programs/projects in Humanitarian contexts.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to changing context.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- High level and ability for communication in English (reading, writing and spoken)
- Proficiency in computer use; Microsoft word/excel and emails.
- Team management experience
- Experience in representation with stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs.
- Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish.
- Responsible for the implementation, supervision of the assigned health projects in line with the activity plan of the project proposal and national and international guidelines. Conduct regular field trips to PHCCs and other health facilities for technical support and supervision. Assist Medical Manager in assessments of health facilities when necessary.
- Conduct on-job training for the staff in the facilities.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of program activities. Ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made to the relevant field managers.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation in all aspects of the project.
- Oversee the process of data collection to meet the requirements and deadlines set by organization and external partners. Working closely with the Data officer ensure quality and deadlines for reports and data analysis.
- Provide inputs into the development of the country strategy and donor proposals.
- Support the Base Pharmacist in all the activities Medical warehouse as well as in the facilities.
- Promote and use the Organizations guidelines, protocols and operating procedures.
- Implement relevant policies and standards relating to health service delivery including WHO and UNICEF standards, Ministry of Health and donor guidelines and other good practice.
- Participate as requested in internal workshops and training sessions to keep up with changing trends, new guidelines and best practices.
- Support Medical Manager with management of the Base Medical team (if any) in the implémentation and monitoring of the project activities/Pharmacy/Partners.
- Assist Medical Manager in identifying the training needs of the medical and paramedical team, conduct or organize for trainings, follow up and évaluations.
- Attend and/or Represent Medical Manager in technical monthly meeting with the implementing partner and the supported Health Facility to guarantee continuous follow up and support.
- Promote the Health and security of the health team by ensuring the application of security guidelines, health and safety in the Workplace.
- Work with the staff in the supported health centers to ensure quality of care provided to the beneficiaries.
- Assist Medical manager to receive morbidity data of implemented services from supported health facilities on weekly/monthly basis ; review and follow-up.
- Follow up the medical data and project medical indicators.
- Receive monthly reports from the medical team data collector.
- Provide a weekly/monthly report to the Medical Manager, detailing activities done, supervision, training conducted, assessments undertaken etc.
- Report PHC visits to Medical Manager.
- Report any security related issues to line manager and/or Field Management.
- Facilitate with the Medical Manager to Manage the correct and timely ordering of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned health activities, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are distributed correctly
- Work closely with the base Pharmacist and the Medical Manager to monitor rational prescription of drugs, monthly consumption correlated to morbidity data, to ensure that Pharmacy management is done according to international standards.
Communication & Coordination
- Represent the organization at relevant meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs when called upon to do so.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the health team, in-country health managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, local Health Authority officials, UN agencies and other NGOs).
- Coordinate with MHPSS team in the office and health centers in order to ensure integration of both programs.
- Participation in assessments/service mapping, where and when necessary.
- Keep Medical Manager informed on any issues related to Logistic needs for the medical teams in the PHC
- Supporting operational organization of PHC trips and Organzation programs/activities
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
- Participate to internal meetings.
- Any other related organizational tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Submit CV and cover letter by E-mail to email@example.com
Please mention the position & Location of the Position in the subject section otherwise the application will not be considered.
Applications will be processed on rolling base until last submission date.
LAST SUBMISSION DATE ON 20th July 2020
Only Applicants Received Until This Date Will Be Taken into Account