JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3303)
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Application deadline: 28.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Finance qualification required, preferably University Degree in accounting or business administration
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- English speaking required
- Experience of Agresso Finance System desirable
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in English and Kurdish.
- Maintain sufficient cash balances for NE Syria Main Office and other Field Offices and report the cash needs to Finance and Grants Manager on a regular basis.
- Assist Finance and Grants Manager to prepare monthly Cash forecast for Syria Response Office and other field Offices.
- Prepare and follow up all accounts payable payments with the center.
- Review all payments to ensure payment compliance and proper documentation with approval are obtained.
- Keep track of International & National Salary advances in order to comply with timeframe for clearances, and provide reports to the Finance and Grants Manager.
- Review all journals related to ensure proper account codes have been used and all expenditures are charged to the correct budget codes.
- Post all transactions on the FMS – Agresso.
- Responsible of recording/tracking International and locally received fund.
- Assist Finance and Grants Manager to record the depreciation expenditure to the system.
- Responsible of posting any accrual and other adjustments for Country Office.
- Post transactions of Field Office when it’s required.
- Work closely with Finance and Grants Manager to finalize the monthly closure activities for NE Syria Main Office and other Field Offices.
- Support the Finance and Grants Manager to finalize the monthly financial report or other Donor Financial report.
- Assist in preparation of effort reporting to ensure all salaries is charged properly to designated funding source.
- Prepare the monthly Bank reconciliation for all available Bank accounts if applicable.
- Responsible of maintain online Bank statements if applicable.
- Account reconciliation of Balance Sheet account as assigned by Supervisor.
- Insure weekly posting of Data and scanning all the vouchers then saved in the shared folder.
- Maintain Payment tracker and share it with the Finance and Grants Manager.
Grants Management and audits.
- Ensure all reports and audit documents are prepared and submitted as per the instructions of Finance and Grants Manager at least two days prior the deadline for final review.
- Work with Finance and Grants Manager to respond to the requests of members and donors.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in the NE Main Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes
- Assist with finance planning and staff development for emergency response.
- Ensure compliance with the finance policies and procedures and clearly establish guidelines for emergency preparedness and response in accordance with the standards and the CO’s Emergency Preparedness Plans.
Duty Station: NES- AlHassaka 70% – Derek 30%
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.