JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (NES-RQA-MHPS-0089)
Job Title: MhGAP
Application deadline: 29-Jul-20
- University Degree
- 2+ years’ experience working on MHPSS programs
- Experience in conducting patient consultations
- Training and supervision experience required.
- Trained on mhGAP manual (IG and/or HIG)
- Experience in mental health and protection work with displaced persons, refugees, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- Experience and skills in training non-professionals
- Experience of advocacy / engagement with government and non-governmental organizations
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within different cultural environment.
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
- Knowledge of the IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings.
- Excellent command of the use of Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Work, Excel and Power Point.
- Good communication, teamwork skills and ability to work independently.
- Team player with high ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish would also be an asset.
Under the supervision of the MHPSS Manager:
- General overview: The mhGAP doctor will provide consultations, training and technical oversight of the mhGAP implementation and ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of MRFS mhGAP interventions for the Syria Emergency Response.
- Provide outpatient consultations and management to patients with priority mental health conditions in line with WHO guidelines relevant to the assessment, management and referral of priority mental health conditions in line with WHO mhGAP Humanitarian Intervention Guidelines (WHO mhGAP-HIG) and in coordination with local health authorities and health facility management.
- Conduct training on mhGAP and relevant MH areas to hospital and partners staffs and on job-supervision to staffs and on to better understand international MHPSS guidelines including mhGAP-HIG, through trainings and bi-lateral discussions.
- Data collection, management through HIS and reporting according to donor standards.
- Assist with the development of new proposals
- Identify and reinforce existing support mechanisms and work closely with local counterparts to ensure community buy-in and cultural appropriateness of activities
- Build referral pathways for the severe and patients with multiple needs.
- Review all mhGAP services for quality technical oversight
- Development and review of training materials and reports
- Capacity building for MRFS staff, identifying areas for capacity building and arranging trainings and clinical consultation meetings
- Identify and train staff in detection and referral of suspected cases of mental disorders and psychological distress and mental health promotion.
- Work with partners and local health authorities to ensure that WHO essential psychotropic medications are available at community based level in the health facilities.
- Support the submission and review clinical reports and/or case studies related to MHPSS when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the MHPSS Manager.
Advertiser :Medical Relief for Syria
Duty Station: Raqqa and Kisrah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: email@example.com
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-RQA-MHPS-0089) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line ” NES-RQA-MHPS-0089″ will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.