JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3365)
Job Title: Logistic Officer -ITC (IT & Communications)
Application deadline: 07.08.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ITC/Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an ITC Officer.
- Previous experience working as IT Officer with NGO’s is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in English language.
- Must have previous experience with MS Office products, computer and printer, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair.
- The ability to work independently, demonstrating creativity and good problem solving skills while following strict procedures, supporting multiple projects, priorities, and locations is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic logistics & procurement principles, document control, and the local ITC market in Raqqa Alsamra, is an advantage.
- IT Support
Organization and enforcement of procedures
- Create maintenance schedules for all IT equipment
- Periodic checks of security protocols (network security, firewalls, anti-virus, backups, etc.)
- Enforcement of exit procedures and data handovers (files, email backups)
- Data protection
Amman managed services/ purchases
- Liaise with Amman for email creation, management & removal
- Request software purchases and licensing
- Local enforcement of global IT policy in line with ACTED global standards
Common network configuration
- Ensure connectivity is assured 24/7 – both for LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Carry out network configuration and maintenance as necessary or as requested by Country IT Officer
Hardware & Software maintenance
- Conduct preventative maintenance as much as is possible to minimize outages
- Identification, diagnosis, and replacement of failed components
- Ensure IT repairs are carried out quickly and cost effectively, in-line with ACTED procedures
- Prepare OFs for shared assets (printers, UPS, etc.) as delegated by the Area Logistics Manager or Area Coordinator.
- Prepare purchase documents (POs/Contracts) for ITC purchases as delegated by the Area Logistics Manager or Country IT Officer.
- Prepare monthly documentation for payment of ITC running costs (internet/phone bills/subscriptions).
- Asset management:
- Receive, tag and register all new assets across the base.
- Follow-up with both Logistics and Finance to complete all relevant documents to close procurements
- Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure accuracy of the IT inventory
- Maintain assets in good working order and follow-up on the repair/ replacement of assets
- Monthly reporting to the Area Logistics Manager and Country IT Officer of the Monthly Asset Follow-Up (AST-05) for Raqqa Alsamra
- Communication Management:
- Provide support in fixing internet and communication problems as they occur
- Monitor the internet service strength throughout the Raqqa Alsamra office & guesthouse, all sub-offices and camp offices
- Deliver induction sessions to incoming ACTED staff immediately upon arrival in Raqqa Alsamra
- Train ACTED staff in Raqqa Alsamra on use of new technologies, as well as conducting regular refresher trainings
- Train logistics staff in Raqqa Alsamra base to make it easier for them to identify ITC issues and to fix them.
- Monthly Asset Follow-Up (AST-05)
- Communication Report (COM-02)
- IT Infrastructure Follow-Up (IT-04)
- IT Significant Incidents Tracker (IT-05)
- IT Licenses Follow-Up (IT-06)
- Email Accounts Follow-Up (IT-07)
- Record and store both digital and hard copy asset management forms, including Asset Registration Cards (AST-01), Repair Request Forms (AST-02), Out of Inventory Forms (AST-03), and Asset Reception Sheets (AST-04).
- Work with Area Logistics Manager and Country IT Officer to ensure compliance with both ACTED policies and donor requirements.
- For procurement under his/her direct responsibility, ensure soft copies of 100% of all documents produced in the Raqqa Alsamra Office are electronically filed in the correct location in ACTED’s database.
- Carry out regular (at least weekly) spot-checks on IT/Assets Assistants’ filing practices, and take remedial action where necessary.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Any offer of a contract will be contingent on securing funds from ORGANIZATION donors, and therefore, the recruitment process may be put on hold or cancelled without selecting any candidate.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.