JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3396)
Job Title: Social Reintegration Project Officer
Application deadline: 08.08.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University degree in social science, political science human rights, relevant advanced educational degree, or equivalent experience.
- Good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of ICT systems and experience with MS Office applications, including Excel.
- At least three years of proven experience in development programming, in one or more of the following sectors: Human Rights, Democracy, Protection, Deradicalization, GBV, Minority Rights, Dialogues.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of staff and achieve results through others, especially in local partnership.
- Good organizational, analytical skills and ability to perform well in a team.
- Experience of long-distance (remote) management tools and working with local partners, including capacity building and organizational support to partners.
- Strong knowledge of cultural and political contexts in the NES.
- At least one year of relevant experience in democracy and human rights type of programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of local conflict dynamics in NES.
- Experience working with CSOss, INGOs, or UN agencies and understanding of the unique, complex operating environment in NES.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in the project, financial and partner grant management, program monitoring and evaluation and very good report writing skills.
- Good understanding of local partnerships and capacity building to ensure quality implementation and minimize risk.
- Able to work effectively under and adapt to challenging conditions.
- Willingness and ability to travel within NES as required.
- Good technical and organizational skills, with the ability to lead, inspire and build competence of implementing partner staff and achieve results through others.
- Self-driven with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
The Social Reintegration is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
Under the direct supervision of the Civil Society Programme Manager, the position holder will be responsible for the development, implementation and coordination and of community reintegration programme, in line with NPA’s overall strategies, plans and policies and in coordination with the programme team.
- In coordination with the Civil Society Programme Manager, ensure the coordination with all relevant stakeholders, local authorities, INGOs and CSOs engaged in the development of similar initiative and working groups in NES.
- Assist the PM and other NPA units in the process of partner capacity and performance.
- Maintain active coordination and cooperation with local partners, I/NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Be the principal day to day link between NPA and its partners.
- Closely follow up the partner’s implementation and monitor of protection situation in NES and keep the PM and the management team updated accordingly.
- Under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager, and in cooperation with the programme team, ensure adequate risk management in NPA project activities, including streamlining integration of risk and security management perspectives in all strategic and programmatic processes.
- In coridnation with the MEAL team, carry out quantitative data collection from the field using different methods such as Key Informant Interviews (KIIs), Focus Group Discussion (FGDs), polls interviews.
- Supporting with baseline assessment, using a range of methods and sources of data, required to develop the programme indicators.
- Assist NPA’s logistics and security teams in finding and conducting needed assessments for the new NPA base/office in Raqqa.
- Oversee the implementation of the programme and partners project activities in accordance with plans and activity budget.
- Assist the project manager and the protection coodinator in developing and monitor work plans, budgets, and progress reports that NPA donors require, also all reports required from partner organizations.
- Monitor sub-agreements with partners.
- Work with the project manager to monitor and revise partners budgets, as needed.
- In liaison with the MEAL Department, prepare and regularly update the project monitoring plan.
- Participate in grant opening meetings, conduct required preparation for the meeting and strictly follow up the decisions made.
- Support the partner organizations in the process of project implemantion plan.
- Organise project kick off meeting and monthly coordination meeting and on quarterly basis, providing materials to partners and organising the agenda in liaison with protection coordinator.
- Oversee the contracts with partners, ensuring timeliness and quality reporting of both financial and narrative reports, in cooperation with the other NPA units. Follow up on partners budget spending and organise payment requests for instalments.
- Conduct regular visits and communication with partners on a regular basis to follow up project activity implementation and provide coaching and mentoring as required.
- Assist Capacity Building Coordinator in the process of partners’ capacity building assessment, development of capacity building plans, tools, conduct training, and help partners in designing their organisational development plan.
- Assist programme team and partners in both financial and narrative proposal and reporting to ensure good quality, timeliness, accuracy, achieve donor demands and improve project implementation.
- Act as a focal point for NPA with the local authorities in Raqqa and Deir-Ezzor.
- Other duties assigned by the Programme Manager and/or the Project Manager in relation to programme issues.
Typical decisions the holder of the positions makes
Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation of Authority, Quality Management and Guidelines for the NPA Iraq / Syria Office.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.