JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3476)
Job Title: Project Assistant and Translator
Application deadline: 8/20/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Position: Project Assistant and Translator
Duration: 4 Months (extension based on funds availability), full time
Project title and Donor: Health Waste Management and Recycling in North East Syria – AMB
Average Salary Range: 800 USD
Report to: Project Of
- University or Institute degree
- Previous experience with an NGO is an advantage, experience with construction / rehabilitation projects or public health or WASH (solid waste management specifically) related projects is an advantage
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude;
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Team working skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams and environments;
- Communication Skills: Good writing and presentation;
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially in Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Fluency in English, Arabic (excellent), Kurdish (preferred) and ability to translate, if required.
Preparation of technical documents:
- Assist the Project Officer (PO), Technical Advisors (TA) and Project Manager (PM), in preparing the training packages and protocols for the Health Waste (HW) Segregation inside the targeted Health Facilities, and for the Transportation and of the HW for the Municipalities’ workers in the targeted Health Waste Zones (HWZ).
- Support UPP Logistics department (especially Procurement Officer), in the preparation of all the documents needed for the procurement (Technical specification, QAS, etc.), under the guidance of the TAs or Project Officer (PO) and the supervision of the PM.
Monitoring of Activities:
- Assist the TAs, the POs and the PM and the UPP logistics Department in liaising and coordinating with the companies implementing the construction/rehabilitation works of the HWZs, as well as the stakeholders involved (KRC, Health Committee, Municipalities Department, etc.);
- Support the TAs and the POs in collecting, compiling, checking, sorting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data about ongoing field activities according to the report guidelines;
- Support the TAs and KRC technical staff in organization and implementation of HWM trainings (HW segregation for the staff in the targeted health facilities and HW Transportation and Treatment for the municipalities’ staff in charge for the transportation and the management of the health waste to and inside the HWZs);
- Support the TAs and PO in the reporting activity to the PMs;
- Support the PM in the administrative work, by collecting invoices, payment receipts and all the needed documentation;
- Support the PM, Reporting Officer or Desk Officer and the TAs with Translation from English to Arabic and to Kurdish and vice-versa.
- Coordinate with the Translators’ team and provide translations on request as assigned by Translators Team leader
- Any other task requested by UPP Project Manager for the good implementation of the project.
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.