JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3481)
Job Title: ECD Program Officer
Application deadline: 26-08-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Education, social work, Psychological Counseling; Social Counseling or other any related field.
- 2-3 years of prior experience working in health, education or protection sectors
- Past experience working with NGO or INGO preferred;
- Experience in monitoring, report writing and basic analysis of health data;
- Fluency in local languages (Arabic and/or Kurdish) required, and very good English language skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc); previous experience with District Health Information System (DHIS) database packages preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in local language and English will be an asset.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by the organization.
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
The Sesame health Officer will be responsible for overseeing all Early Childhood Development (ECD) activities targeting children and caregivers in his assigned areas, which will be implemented in through integration with health services. The Sesame health officer will be responsible for ECD Assistants & Community Health Workers in NE Syria. The Sesame Health Officer will report directly to the Sesame ECD Manager, and will oversee all ECD activities in NES and the monitoring and evaluation of these activities. The Sesame health Officer will be based in Ain Issa, but will be required to travel to field locations in Hasakah governorate to oversee the implementation of the ECD program activities, services, and research components. The Sesame health Officer will develop, oversee, and maintain key relationships with relevant stakeholders, and will represent the organization ECD program in NES as needed.
- Directly manage Sesame health facilitators/Assistants, and CHWs working as a team inside the health facility within the Sesame Seeds project.
- Oversee all operational needs for ECD activities in the Static health centers, ensuring all running costs and inventory needs are well planned and managed; Work in close coordination with Field Management teams to ensure the facility and activities have necessary operational and logistical support.
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation of community level activities, coordination within program and with relevant stakeholders at community level and other NGOs working in the area on community mobilization activities with particular focus on health/ECD.
- Coordinate with health managers and clinics staff to ensure organized, effective implementation and integration of ECD activities in the Health facilities
- Conduct regular site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verify consumption rates of supplies/consumables
- Prepare supervision plans and conduct regular technical monitoring of ECD services; prepare reports with identified issues, recommendations, and action plans to improve quality of services
- Analyze routine ECD data to report on trends, identify gaps or challenges to service delivery, and inform program decision making.
- Collaborate with health team members to design and implement needs assessments in catchment area.
- Participate in regular project review meetings with the Sesame ECD Manager and Health Coordinator; contribute to plans for corrective actions based on technical supervision, indicator performance, and M&E reports from children/parents satisfaction surveys and monitoring visits.
- Submit weekly progress reports to direct line manager; contribute to monthly and quarterly reports per project needs for grant reporting.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to the organization’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Supervise coordinated referrals to health /Protection and case management services as required.
- Oversee the field-based ECD team to ensure program quality and transparency;
- Monitor the quality of the project, with the ECD Manager, against benchmarks determined by the NES-based management.
- Supervise the organization and delivery of all ECD activities and services.
- Design and develop new methodology to support community level outreach and work.
- Collaborate with field teams in other regions to share lessons learned and harmonize work approaches and best practices across governorates and teams;
- Other duties assigned by line manager.
The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Start Date: 1 Sep 2020
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek – Roving (Roj and Al Hol) camps
How to Apply:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
كPlease consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.