JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3482)
Job Title: ECD Technical and Capacity Building Manager
Application deadline: 26-08-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, or any relevant related field
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience in the field of ECD, Child Protection, Education, or any other relevant field
- Experience working with communities and overseeing community-level programming/services (awareness sessions, parenting sessions, case management, etc.)
- professional experience in capacity building and/or training
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for teachers and teacher trainers (TOT).
- professional experience managing people, directly or indirectly
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing new community-level awareness raising and technical assessment tools
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a team (organize, plan, and oversee)
- Demonstrated capacity to write clear and thorough reports
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and capacity to maintain excellent working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to perform well under pressure with overlapping deadlines in a challenging environment
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments and work under pressure.
- Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook.
- Adhere program implementation to IRC policies at all times, including confidentiality and safe identification/referrals
- Master’s degree in social work, education, social sciences, development, or any relevant related field.
- Working experience with an NGO/INGO
The position will be based in Derek, with frequent travel to field sites in camps and other locations as needed.
The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in Organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Reporting to the ECD Coordinator, The ECD Technical and Capacity Building Manager leads the design, planning, and implementation of all ECD-related learning, training, and capacity building initiatives. The position holder ensures that the design, content, technical implementation and monitoring of the organization’s ECD programming are in line with appropriate technical guidelines and meet high quality standards. The position is responsible for the integration of Ahlan Simsim content and approaches across a diversity of delivery platforms, oversees the adaptation and development of content, educational materials and training packages the position strongly backs up the ECD t https://forms.gle/wqQPJdUZqJrzgjwD6 eam, by providing technical oversight and support, and plays a key role in ensuring harmonization of best practices across geographical areas. The position develops and supports delivery of training and capacity building to the organization staff members across relevant sections, and different stakeholders as needed. The position is also responsible for building the capacity of all relevant parties for the integration of Ahlan Simsim content across platforms, integrated programs and partners, and supporting the development and adaptation of content with partners and government, with guidance from the Regional Technical Lead and HQ.
ECD Technical and Capacity Building Manager is responsible for four key objectives:
- Development and Adaptation of technical and capacity building materials: lead the technical review, adaptation and development of curriculums, educational materials and technical tools caregiver and child focused programs.
- Quality of capacity building implementation: develop benchmarks and standards in coordination with the organization’s Technical Units, to monitor overall trainings, courses, capacity building quality and implementation of caregiver and child focused programs.
- Training and capacity building: oversee the development of training packages and workshops, and the execution of capacity building plans for staff, ECD facilitators and partner organizations.
- Representation: Represent the organization and the Ahlan Simsim program at technical meetings and events, serving as the technical focal point in sector coordination and advocacy fora and activities that require co-design of materials in collaboration with implementing partners and government authorities.
Development and adaptation of technical and capacity building materials
- In collaboration with organization’s Technical Units (HQ, Region) and ECD Coordinator lead the review, adaptation, and development of technical materials for organization and implementing partners programs.
- Directly supervise and structure the work of curriculum development consultants.
- Support the development or selection of strategies, technical materials and tools for pilots and initiatives related to cross-sector integration of ECD activities in country.
- Keep abreast of new developments of technical design, strategies, and best practices in the ECD field.
Quality of Technical and capacity building implementation:
- Timely identification and discussion of content and quality issues with ECD Coordinator.
- Develop benchmarks and standards in coordination with the regional, HQ technical teams and ECD Coordinator to monitor overall program quality.
- In collaboration with the MEL team, ensure efficient monitoring and evaluation of the program’s quality (Technically), with lessons learned and feedback loop feeding into adaptations and decision-making.
- Analyze technical gaps and program impact at the community level for quality and content-related Context/ materials
- Conduct regular observation and monitoring of activities and share recommendations to improve the quality of program implementation (Technically).
- Analyze technical gaps and program impact at the community level.
- Analyze lessons learned and share best practice.
Training and capacity building
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of inclusive ECD Training of Trainers (TOT), trainings, and workshops to relevant audiences within and outside the organization, including ECD team and partners from Government entities, NGOs, CSOs, etc.
- Oversee the adaptation and development of training packages and the execution of capacity building plans for staff, ECD facilitators and partner organizations.
- Supports in the design and implementation of inclusive ECD capacity building plans at the field level, including coaching and on-the-job training.
- Identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
Representation and communication
- Represent the organization and Ahlan Simsim program in coordination meetings and events related to the content and capacity building, with INGO, NGOs, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders.
- Act as key technical focal point for relevant ECD partnerships, especially the ones involving co-design of ECD educational content and materials.
- Contribute in the design and development of advocacy messages and communication materials to increase the visibility and impact of the ECD/Ahlan Simsim program.
- Contribute to high quality and timely donor reports in collaboration with ECD colleagues and other relevant IRC departments.
- Write regular reports including progress against targets, all implementation details, and challenges.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and streamlined approach across target areas.
- Conduct field visits as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ECD Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: ECD Program Manager, ECD MEL Manager, ECD Information Management Officer, ECD Officers and Assistants, Partnership and grants Manager, regional Ahlan Simsim Technical team.
External: relevant government entities, local NGOs and INGOs, UN agencies, local ECD stakeholders, Sesame Workshop.
Band / Level / Grade: 7B
Department: Early Childhood Development (ECD) Program
Reports to: ECD Program Coordinator
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek, with travel to field (around 40%)
How to Apply:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.