JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3531)
Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER INCLUSION– HASAKEH GOVERNORATE
Application deadline: 12th Sep 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- About you
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education and experience:
– University Degree in relevant field.
Professional Competencies Required:
– At least 2 years of experience in management of humanitarian projects;
– Experience advising INGO staff/NGO staff on technical implementation of inclusion
– Previous experience in livelihood would be an asset
– Previous experience working in consortium/ working groups/ cluster system would be an asset
Personal Competencies Required:
– Strong team management skills
– High level of autonomy and initiative
– Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Ability to work under high pressure
– High level of motivation and proactivity
– Strong computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other relevant software).
– Experience with databases is an asset
– Fluency in oral and written in Arabic and English is compulsory
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract of Six Months, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Desirable starting date is Beginning of Oct 2020.
and be willing and able to work in Amuda. With frequently travel in NES.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 1487 USD/month + (allowances).
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women and persons with disability to apply.
We are an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
We are a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
About the job
In the context of Hasakeh, and under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator, the Project manager will be in charge of:
- Contribute to the need assessments and the elaboration of the intervention strategy;
- Provide supervision, coaching and on-the-job training to the program team;
- Manage the implementation of the programs under your responsibility and ensure the achievement of their targets and results;
- Ensure regular data collection, data analysis and indicator follow-up for the programs under your responsibility;
- Manage the activity budget for the programs under your responsibility;
- Ensure the respect of financial, logistical and HR procedures by the program teams;
- Represent the Organization with local authorities, local partners and other humanitarian actors in the intervention areas, in coordination with the Field Coordinator to provide technical support on implementation of inclusion. Inclusion activities include: Inclusion awareness, training partners, case management, mapping of persons with disabilities, GAD inclusion training, accessibility of economic/ urban centers, donor proposals, inclusive health and accessibility of health structures and improving the Organization’s own inclusiveness.;
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Line manager+1: Area Coordinator
Subordinates: Technical Advisor (in Coordination – Amman, Jordan),
Team Managed: Inclusion Livelihood Officer, Inclusion Technical Officer, Inclusion Livelihood Worker.
Duties and Responsibilities
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy of intervention and the operational modalities in the intervention areas, in collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the Project Managers in the North-East.
- Contribute to the development of new approaches in the Organization programming such as livelihoods, gender sensitivity, social cohesion and or psycho-social work for persons with disabilities
- Assess and address gender analysis in the Organization’s programming, as programing moves from emergency to early recovery
- Ensure quality and technical standards by the program teams, in collaboration with the Technical Advisors;
- Prepare and follow-up of partnership agreements, including capacity building plans for community based organizations and joint implementation of resilience programing in consortium with INGO’s;
- Document lessons learned, good practices and issue evidence based recommendations from pilots and/or inception phases of projects.
- Daily management and supervision of the program teams under your responsibility; Provide capacity building opportunity to INGO staff, both external and/or internal on inclusion and livelihood frameworks
- Define with each staff under your direct line management, an Individual Action Plan (IAP) and the time frame to achieve the desired objectives; follow up with written evaluations
- Ensure good communication, coordination, and information-sharing with each member of your team through regular coordination meetings and individual meetings;
- Promote positive team dynamic and provide conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your team, informing the Field Coordinator of any major conflict;
- Propose relevant adaptations to the organizational chart of your team and contribution to its implementation (job descriptions, recruitment interviews, etc.), in collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the HR department;
- Support and coach staff under your line management in the management of their teams: organization of coordination meetings, individual interviews, etc.
REPRESENTATION (in coordination with the Field Coordinator)
- Represent the inclusion and livelihood teams at field level team coordination meetings;
- Represent the organization local authorities and clusters in the intervention areas;
- Ensure coordination with local implementing partners and with other humanitarian actors;
SUPPORT SERVICES (Logistics, admin, HR)
- Monitor the financial and logistics aspects of the activities under your responsibility and the respect of the Organization procedures, in close collaboration with the support departments and the Field Coordinator;
- Manage the program budget for the activities under your responsibility;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for new positions in the teams under your management;
- Ensure the strict application and respect of the Organization’s Internal Regulations, and the Organization’s procedures by staff under your management.
- Monitor the security of the area of intervention in close collaboration with the security advisor and the field coordinator
- Setup-up of the initial beneficiary database and data collection system for the inclusive livelihoods activities;
- Supervise the data collection process, and analysis of the data in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator;
- Ensure regular verification and correction of the beneficiary database, assessment or evaluation data bases, project specific logistics databases, in collaboration with the information manager.
- Contribute to the reporting on grants funding the project, in close collaboration with the MEAL manager and field coordinator;
- Ensure regular monitoring of the program achievements and logical framework indicators;
- Provide monthly reporting on project indicators and regular update of activity plans;
- Prepare internal memos, minutes of meetings and/or reports (directly or delegating to your team members), according to the needs of the base and/or the hub;
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager and the project
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to the email below with “PROJECT MANAGER INCLUSION” in the subject line.
Only fluent English speakers will be considered.
Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.