JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3574)
Job Title: Village Savings and Loans Association Assistant
Application deadline: 9/10/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Community development, economic and any other relevant experience in microfinance, livelihoods, IGA and VSLA methodology.
At least 2 years’ experience on community development/food security agriculture and pastoral livelihoods.
– Experienced facilitator /trainer
– Working experience in resilience initiatives or programs is highly preferred.
– Familiarity with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance and with strong awareness of challenges faced by traditional methodologies.
– Willingness to travel to all project locations on regular basis.
– Experience in working with Non-Governmental organizations, UN agencies and local communities, and Local NGOs is preferred.
– Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, power point, spreadsheets and database software programs.
– Strong communication and report writing skills.
– Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish is an asset and a good level (reading and writting) in English.
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Position Status : Short term service contract with possibility of extension
Scop of work:
The VSLA assistant will have overall responsibility in the facilitating and implementation of all VSLA and pre urban-related to early recovery and livelihood activities.
He/She will lead the field visits to monitor activities, facilitate training, targeted the beneficiaries, and conduct timely weekly and monthly reporting.
– Identification of community members to benefit from VSLA and other formal/informal financial support activities as outlined in project documents, and ensure relevant monitoring is done throughout the project.
– Develop relevant training manuals and practices for target beneficiaries and lead in facilitating training.
– Assist VSLA Field officer to prepare group formation and provide a clear concept on VSLA to the Beneficiaries.
– Ensure all VSLA beneficiaries are properly mentored and supported throughout the project.
– Ensure that all project documentation is in place.
– Participate in periodic project review and planning meetings; and external meetings as often as requested.
– Coordinate field reporting: prepare technical internal and external reports.
– Mobilization and awareness-raising with local leadership
– Mobilization of community groups
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Control:
– Coordinate and assist VSLA officers in data collection to measure indicators and ensure information reliability.
– Conduct regular follow-up visits to VSLAs to see if they are applying the technologies/practices and provide technical assistance where there are gaps.
– Monitoring and supervision of Village Agents performance in the villages.
– Participate in field level assessment and or evaluation of project performance/evaluations.
– Monitor the work of VSLA incentive workers, trainers, and service contractors through periodic field visits, progress reviews.
– Provide data and information for the assigned project in line with the MEAL plans designed jointly with the MEAL department.
– Coordinate with Agriculture, CFW and livelihoods staff for engaging participants.
– Linking other financial institutions for strengthening access to finance.
– Ensure training and capacity building for staff so that they can better implement and monitor VSLA activities.
– Mobilize and raise awareness of the community leaders or Civil Society members on savings group process.
– Build relationships and coordinate with stakeholders (local leaders, district authorities, Humanitarian affairs office microfinance institutions, etc.), relevant local authority /departments.
– Participate in field level coordination meeting with self- administration and other agencies.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position report to : VSLA officer
- Position directly supervises: VSLA incentive workers
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al Hassakah
How to Apply:
1) Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.