JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3575)
Job Title: Village Savings and Loans Association officer
Application deadline: 9/10/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Position report to : Senior agriculture officer
Position directly supervises: VSLA Assistant
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: close collaboration with other ERD staff and Senior Managers, other IRC NES programs (Protection/Rule of Law), Health, Grants, Supply Chain, HR and Finance Departments
- External: close collaboration with other humanitarian actors, local implementing partners, UN agencies, government, and service providers
Skills and experience
– Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Community development, economic and any other relevant experience in microfinance, livelihoods, IGA and VSLA methodology.
– At least 2 years’ experience on community development/food security agriculture and pastoral livelihoods projects.
– Experienced facilitator /trainer
– Working experience in resilience initiatives or programs is highly preferred.
– Familiarity with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance and with strong awareness of challenges faced by traditional methodologies.
– Willingness to travel to all project locations on regular basis.
– At least one year of Experience in working with Non-Governmental organizations, UN agencies and local communities, and Local NGOs.
– Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, power point, spreadsheets and database software programs.
– Strong communication and report writing skills.
– Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish is an asset and a good level (reading and writting) in English is required
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Position Status : Short term service contract with possibility of extension
Scop of work:
The VSLA Field Officer will have overall responsibility in the facilitating and implementation of all VSLA and pre urban related to early reocovry and livelihood activities He/she will ensure all proposed objectives and targets are achieved concerning VSLA and pre urban activities including guidance to successful formation of VSLAs, Rapid Appraisal of Income Generating activities (RAIGO) beneficiary training on business/entrepreneurial skills. The incumbent will ensure regular field visits to monitor activities and conduct timely weekly and monthly reporting.
The VSLA Field Officer’s core responsibilities
– Facilitate planning, organizing, and management of VSLA Conduct awareness /sensitization on VSLA activities among communities and local leaders.
– Facilitate community vulnerability process in target communities to define community gaps and provide basis for planning.
– Develop work plans (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly) to ensure effective implementation of VSLA related activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan.
– Facilitate the identification and/or formation and mobilization of local structures such as VSLA groups, , financial institutions and marketing groups in the villages and district.
– Facilitate beneficiary identification in consultation with communities and local leaders using set of criteria’s.
– Facilitate the identification of village level VSLA agents to enhance community awareness and ownership/sustainability of VSLA approach.
1- Key technical tasks.
– Identify technical capacity and challenges for beneficiaries and village agent’s face and skills/knowledge they have in VSLA, Business development skills, Facilitate and ensure establishment of village savings and loans association groups, the target communities.
– Oversee and regularly monitor when the VSLA groups are conducting the share purchase, social contributions and borrowing and repayment of loans to ensure proper documentation/recording of VSLA field cash box.
– Train beneficiaries and village agent’s skills on VSLA methodology, groups/cooperatives and marketing.
– Train economic development groups/associations/committees on governance, leadership, VSLA,.
– Coach, supervise and mentor the village agents for effective facilitation and support of VSLA and Income generating activities.
– Strengthen the capacity of partners. I.e. local government representatives on VSLA and VST.
– Facilitate and organize exposure or exchange visits and any other events for the beneficiaries to foster learning and experience sharing.
– Ensure timely procurement of and delivery of right quality and quantity of VSLA kits/tools required by the beneficiaries and ensure these are used appropriately.
– Ensure sorting out any misunderstanding that may arise with in VSLA group members to ensure smooth running and prevent drop out.
– Identify high capacity vocational skills training center for the youth to learn different skills as per market demand/market survey results in order to equip skills for self employment.
– Ensure linkage/integration economic development activities with Agro and recovery project.
– Ensure VSLAs social funds is available to those members who face acute stress to act as emergency resource and ensure timely availability of project matching funds.
– Facilitate training of VSLA members on life skills such as on basic literacy and numeracy skills, household financial affairs, risk management and planning e.t.c.
– Making sure balanced gender (Men, Women and Youth) in the representation and participation of the project.
– Liaise with the Program Manager for all decisions related to VSLAs and pre urban livelihoods and carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Line supervisor.
– Work closely in teamwork with livelihoods and integrated protection team as well as other program teams such as Basic need, cash for work, agriculture, and Logistics, finance and Health etc.
2- Monitoring, Evaluation, Documentation and Reporting.
– Conduct regular follow-up visits to VSLAs and VST graduates to see if they are applying the technologies/practices and provide technical assistance where there are gaps.
– Track progress of the savings groups, VSLAs activities to see if targets set in the annual work plan are achieved.
– Facilitate data collection from savings groups and manage/supervise the information flow to information management officer and Program Manager.
– Support the preparation of monitoring plans for the savings groups and ensure they get involved in own monitoring and evaluation of VSLAs, IGAs etc activities.
– Monitoring and supervision of Village Agents performance in the villages.
– Consolidate/compile monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports and special events showing achievements, lessons, constraints and recommendations which should be submitted to relevant authority at the agreed time
– Assisting IGA Entrepreneurs to assess their local economy and find markets for their products and services.
– Carry out quarterly/annual review meetings to assess performance of activities against set targets at the community and program level.
– Conduct FGD assessments and document benefits from these and write success stories.
– Participate in field level assessment and or evaluation of project performance/evaluations.
– Represent IRC in the field meeting relevant to VSLA and pre urban activities, meetings with local authority, INGOs, Local NGOs and other players in the district.
– Build relationships and coordinate with stakeholders (local leaders, district authorities, Humanitarian affairs office microfinance institutions, etc.), relevant local authority /departments.
– Participate in field level coordination meeting with self- administration and other agencies.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al Hassakah
How to Apply:
1) Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.