JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3584)
Job Title: Protection Project Coordinator (PCC)
Application deadline: 9/5/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
– University degree in political science, human rights, development, law, or equivalent experience
– At least 3 to 4 years of proven experience in development programming including 3 years of project management experience, in one or more of the following sectors: Protection, SGBV, Women Empowerment, Human Rights.
– Experience as successful project coordinationin an international context working with local partners.
– Strong budget and program coordination skills and proven experience, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of local partners and achieve results through others, especially in local partnerships.
– Excellent analytical and needs assessment skills, experience with capacity development of local organizations.
– Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work well in a team.
– Written and verbal proficiency in English is essential, as well as Arabic or Kurdish written and verbal proficiency.
– Experience of long-distance (remote) management tools and working with local NGO partners, including capacity building and organizational support to partners.
– Strong knowledge of cultural and political contexts and development issues in the northeast of Syria.
– Strong technical and coordination skills, with the ability to lead, inspire, and build the competence of implementing partner staff and achieve results through others.
– Self-driven with integrity, initiative, and ability to think and work independently
– Strong communication, networking, and interpersonal skills
The PPC is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organization loyally and responsibly.
The Protection Project Coordinator (PCC) will be responsible for all aspects of NPA’s programme development and design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all Protection related activities, including SGBV, PSS, etc., and in support of implementing pillars of the UN SC Resolution 1325. The PCC will also ensure that those interventions are technically sound, taking into account international and NPA best practices, and are appropriately meeting the needs of the beneficiaries in target communities in northeast Syria.
The PPC will be responsible for the overall coordination of activities implemented under all NPA’s Protection related programmes in NES. The PPC works under the guidance and technical leadership of the GBV technical advisor and directly reports to the Programme Manager. The planning, coordination and implementation of the projects are carried out in consultation and with direct management oversight of respective Programme Managers. The PCC will closely coordinate with the local partners and NPA’s grants and finance team and under the overall responsibility of the CD.
The position is based in North East Syria (NES), with frequent travel to Raqqa and other areas of operation as required.
Note, travel to other project locations will be essential.
Program and Thematic Responsibility:
– The PCC will work under the technical guidance and leadership of the NPA’s GBV technical advisor and the under the management direction of the Programme Manager (PM).
– The PCC will be responsible for the coordination of all day to day protection related projects across northeast Syria.
– With the support of the Programme Managers and in coordination with the programme teams, the PCC will support local partners with the implementation of the project activities following plans and budgets.
– Coordinate with and support local partners in the process of developing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and progress reports that NPA donors require.
– Provide technical support and guidance to key protections staff and social workers of the partners, through weekly meetings, regular field visits, development and follow-up of work plans, and partners performance appraisals.
– Together with PMs and in cooperation with the other NPA units, oversee contracts with partners, ensuring full compliance, timeliness, and quality of implementation and reporting in both financial and narrative reports, Follow up with Project Managers and PMs on partners’ budget spending and assist with payment requests for instalments.
– Assist the Programme Managers and support the team to regularly assess the strategic partnerships and local partners in the programme to ensure relevance, impact, compliance, transparency, and congruence with NPA’s Partnership Policy, NPA Gender Equality Policy, Partnership Agreement as well as NPA’s strategic objectives.
– Work with the Programme Managers to monitor and revise budgets, as needed.
– Participate in grant opening meetings, conduct required preparation for the meeting, and strictly follow up on the decisions made in the meeting.
– The PCC will support the partner organizations in the process of proposal writing, budgets, result framework, and implementation plans. Review and provide input regarding partner contracts, budgets and amendments.
– Support organizing of project kick-off meetings and Partner Coordination Meetings on a monthly basis, providing materials to partners and organizing the plan in liaison with the Programme Managers.
– With the team, conduct regular visits and maintain regular communication with partners to follow up on project activity implementation and provide support.
– Maintain active communication with the program team, timely response to emails that by the senior management team, others in the program team, and local partners.
– Develop and maintain proper soft and hard copy archiving for all projects under his/her responsibility.
– Identify any apparent issues in the program and report them to the appropriate personnel, including reporting security incidents/concerns.
– Support the development of Protection and GBV key technical tools in coordination with the technical advisor.
– Together with MEAL Team ensure high standard monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and information management, identify areas for improvement and take charge of necessary reviews in the projects.
– In close coordination with MEAL Team, prepare and regularly update the Project Monitoring Plans (PMP).
– Contribute to conducting assessment meetings with potential local partners, for soliciting their proposals and concept notes to NPA.
– Carefully follow up on the context in northeast Syria, especially regarding protection issues related to women, girls, and minorities, and keep the team updated accordingly.
– Complete relevant parts of the required donor and other reports accurately and on time. Provide the Programme Managers, and technical advisors with programme materials, status updates as requested.
– As delegated, represent NPA in events such as conferences and meetings conducted by stakeholders.
– Help facilitate, liaise, and ensure good working relationships with a range of local stakeholders, including other NGOs and the UN.
– Coordinate and attend internal and external coordination meetings with the NES GBV and SEA working groups, as appropriate.
– Other duties assigned by the Programme Managers concerning program issues.
– Conduct mapping of training needs of local partners in close cooperation with the Capacity Building Coordinator (CBC).
– In coordination with the CBC, and based on the partner`s capacity assessment ensures the necessary plans for capacity building of partners and oversee and guide the technical and financial assistance to partner organizations.
– Regularly conduct field visits to provide needed coaching and mentoring for the partners, engage with project beneficiaries, and evaluate project progress.
– Support and orient new staff.
Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation or Authority, Quality Management, and Guidelines for the NPA Syria Office.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: North East Syria (NES), with frequent travel to Raqqa
How to Apply:
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date September 5, 2020
Please mention the vacancy title: North East Syria (NES)– Protection Project Coordinator in the subject box of y
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.