JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3585)
Job Title: Roving IT Officer
Application deadline: 17.09.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- Minimum educational qualification of BA Degree in IT/computer sciences.
- Sound IT related experience at least 3 years preferable working with INGOs.
- Ability to travel unrestricted to all parts of NES, willing to travel to remote and unstable locations
- Good written and spoken English.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply Additional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and guide other staff in IT related matters
- Excellent interpersonal & facilitation skills
- Patience is essential
- Empathy with organisations goals is desirable
- Team player
- Good working knowledge about values and administration of an international NGO.
HELP DESK SERVICE PROVISION
- Respond to all support requests in a prompt, professional and on polite manner
- Acknowledge support calls, gather and log all relevant information through the issue
- Resolve issue through a process of analytical trouble shooting in line with supporting
methodology (procedure, checklist) using appropriate systems and tools.
- Provide technical support to user of communication systems, including Internet, printers’
scanners, email etc.
- Any other IT related task as required by senior management such as liaising with Partners
staff on their IT systems according to the Concern’s IT standards and policy.
- Use technical expertise to undertake regular monitoring and maintenance work on the network
seeking where possible to prevent faults occurring.
- Develop practical solutions to network operational problems whilst always considering the
long-term implications of actions.
- Escalate issues to Regional IT Advisor and to IT Department in Head Office, Dublin, where
additional support is required.
- Maintain and support network backup systems and services on organizational basis.
- Planning, evaluation and design of Network Services such as LAN, WAN, VPN, Printers, Backup
devices, Sat Phones wherever required by the organization.
- Implementation and support of ICT infrastructure including
- Internet VSAT/communication and related hardware
- WAN and VPN site links and related hard ware
- Remote access services for field offices.
- Server infrastructure (including UPS and network print services)
- Wireless LANs standards. 7. Build PCs and Servers in accordance with procedures and specifications by Regional ICT Adviser
and Dublin IT
- Provide a technically competent response to requests for maintenance and support of systems
installed, thoroughly identifying causes of problems when they occur, and using the standard
Concern Worldwide Helpdesk tracking system to keep records of all support requests and
- Research and develop alternative and new uses of existing and emerging technology on an
- Implement preventative maintenance programme in line with specified guidelines of IT
- Liaises with Internal Business Community, 3rd Party service providers (ISPs) and vendors to
ensure required technical solutions meet business functional needs and are delivered in
alignment with agreed SLAs
- Provide support and management assistance through the solutions delivery lifecycle.
FIELD CAPACITY BUILDING & TRAINING SUPPORT
- Implement organisation’s standard IT policies and procedures to initiate and assist in capacity
building activities of Concern and partner staff in IT. Monitor compliance and report breaches.
- Based on user feedback and feedback from level-1 help desk team on support issues
encountered, devise mechanisms to improve training intervention and revisions.
- Assist with planning, design and delivery of user training
- Assist with the processes to identify investigate local services and services providers e.g.
hardware purchase, support and local Internet connectivity options in new locations.
BACKUP AND SECURITY
- Undertake regular system backups seeking to ensure that information disaster recovery could
be facilitated as quickly as possible.
- Manage the addition or removal of users from the network backup devices by liaising with
managers/supervisors, and demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Concern organisation
structure and the system architecture.
- Maintain accurate records of users and usage of the network and use this information to
generate relevant and user friendly statistics.
- Implement, monitor and support organization security and protection standards including
electrical standards: – mains, , surge protection for Laptops and UPS for Internet system and
- Implement IT systems performance reviews and security monitoring in line with specified
- Implement appropriate backup, restore strategies and mechanisms for all computers/servers,
and services in line with specified guidelines by Regional IT and Dublin IT department.
- IT Systems Infrastructure reviews.
- General IT Systems in all Concern offices.
- Identify and assess risks and controls.
- Monitor and analyse critical behaviour of PCs for any unwanted/pirated software installation.
- Liaise with Admin/logistics regarding the maintenance of a register of IT equipment – hardware, software, satellite phones backup systems and all other network equipment. 2. Track and control the movement of equipment between sites and temporary off site work.
- Track and control equipment being added to the network by visiting staff and consultants ensuring compliance with procedures for such movements and data exchange.
- Maintain a file of maintenance and support contracts.
- Ensure software licenses are in place for applications used. Liaise with ICT Regional Adviser and Dublin IT on software and license requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of hardware and software upgrades (e.g. virus protection) and ensure all PCs are kept up to date with operating systems patches and antivirus software.
- Implement organisation’s standard IT policies and procedures and provide user training and support policies. Monitor compliance and report breaches.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Raqqa with 75% travel to all NES offices
How to Apply:
To apply, please send an email including:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Three professional references with full information (emails – phone numbers – job positions)
– Job title, job location and serial number CWW /SYR/NES/131 subject
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.