JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3600)
Job Title: Shelter Program Supervisor
Application deadline: 9/9/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Personal abilities
o Bachelor degree in civil engineering or related field of study.
o Practical experience in engineering, including survey, planning and execution of building construction projects.
o Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
o Good level of writing and speaking in English language
o Work experience with IDP communities is preferred.
- Technical competences:
o Extensive knowledge of shelter and WASH –related technical guidelines and standards
o Understanding of local market in terms of availability of construction materials.
o Knowledge on the specification of engineering and construction materials.
o Computer Skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Project Manager & Deputy Program Manager:
– Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
– plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
– anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
– Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Project Manager & Deputy Program Manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Project Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Project Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or project manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her project manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
NB: The above list is not exhaustive, nor limiting, the employee may be required to perform other tasks in the course of his duties, at the request of his superiors
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda or Al-Hassaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references) to:
Solidarités International office:
Or send by email to: email@example.com with the following subject SHL SUP_SEP20
Only selected candidates will be contacted for the next st
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.