JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3627
Job Title: Livelihood officer
Application deadline: 15.09.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
University degree in community development, economics, business or related subjects.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience implementing livelihoods activities, particularly cash for work, vocational skills and enterprise development.
- Good understanding of market and private sector dynamics in the project location.
- Experience working on inclusion of persons with disabilities preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner and excellent team worker .
- Strong coordination skills and ability to foster communication and negotiation among local stakeholders and communities.
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites .
- Computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Fluent Arabic and English reading, writing and speaking.
We will offer the successful applicant a six months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the organization Terms and Conditions of Employment.
About the job
Under the supervision of the Livelihoods Project Manager, the Livelihoods Officer will be responsible of the implementation of livelihood project activities in North East Syria – Raqqa. The officer will be expected to ensure that livelihood activities are implemented, monitored and reported in accordance with the program work-plan and logical frameworks.
Line manager: Livelihood and Inclusion PM.
Subordinate : Livelihood workers and social mobilizers.
- People Management
- Manage the project team members – livelihood workers and social mobilizers.
- Set individual objectives, evaluate individual performance, and contribute towards the professional & career development.
- Organize and lead team meetings and manage team schedules.
- Ensures strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
- Project Implementation
- Support the Livelihoods PM to ensure that livelihood activities – cash for work, vocational skills and apprenticeship and micro-and-small grant/business – are implemented and monitored in accordance with the project plan.
- Lead the roll out of new tools and processes and ensure proper documentation for the livelihood project in coordination with the PM.
- Prepare all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the livelihoods project.
- Assist in the regular collection of information on market needs and gaps, including new opportunities for the livelihoods program.
- In coordination with the PM, take the lead role and/or support beneficiary identification and selection process for the project.
- Ensures that the activities implemented comply with the organization technical standards.
- Maintain records to demonstrate the effective and proper use of assets, financial resources and facilities according to the organization standard procedures.
- Perform all necessary community outreach activities and document good practices and lessons learnt.
- Review the narrative and financial reports to check that activities reported match up and are in line with the project plan and other project documentation.
- Field Monitoring
- Assist the PM and MEAL Officer in planning and implementing MEAL plans for the project.
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Livelihoods project manager.
- Support the MEAL Officer and Project Manager for conducting post-distribution monitoring and project evaluations.
- Assist in the regular collection of information regarding beneficiary and community needs to feed in assessments and reports.
- Document good practices and ensure that the learnings are incorporated in the project.
- Capacity Building
- Identify and deliver capacity building support to livelihood and social workers.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and other learning support to livelihood and social workers.
- Ensure that the livelihood and social workers have required knowledge and skills to implement livelihood activities according to the organization technical standards
- Coordination – Internal and External
- Participate actively in program meetings (weekly meeting, bi weekly operational meeting, etc.)
- In coordination with PM, maintain good relationship, communication and information sharing with local stakeholders at field level to avoid duplication and maximize synergies.
- Assist the PM to ensure good coordination and information sharing internally with other departments to make sure that all the required processes are followed, quality standards maintained and documented.
- Maintain communication with beneficiary, following-up for additional information and/ or documents as needed.
- Assist the PM in preparing situation reports, monthly reports, donor reports, proposals or any other documentation as needed.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: raqua
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to the email below with “Livelihood officer” in the subject line. Hr.email@example.com
Or put it in CVs Box.
CV applicants without subject of the position title will not be considered
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.