JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3630
Job Title: Programme Officer
Application deadline: 20.09.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Business administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting business trainings or equivalent.
- Experience in preparing training curricula
- Experience in monitoring TVET projects – desired
- Experience in report writing – desired
- Experience in working for international or local non-governmental organizations (essential)
- Fluency in English and Arabic – both written and verbal (essential)
- Microsoft skills – Word, Kobo, PowerPoint and Excel (essential)
This position is for a programme officer to work full-time in the CVT office in North East Syria. The role will involve the implementation of a new livelihood programme, including Training and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programmes, apprenticeships, small business grants (SBGs) and any other potential LH activities This job will be in the field as necessary and filling out reporting templates. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Livelihood Programme Manager.
- The Programme Officer supports the management staff to track day-to-day activities of the Livelihood programme using word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint, KOBO and other computer programmes used by CVT
- Feeding into the information sharing mechanism in the field, providing data and field updates to the Livelihood Programme Manager.
- Respect the security guidelines.
- Supervising the process of collecting and updating data from municipalities periodically.
- Follow up on adherence to protection mainstreaming protocols during activities.
- Conduct other activities as requested by line manager
- Conduct need assessments to identify needs in the operation area.
- Communicate the planning and execution of assessments with community representatives and municipalities.
- Work closely with the Livelihood Programme Manager to identify emerging needs of the communities and prepare response plans.
- Ensure that all partners and municipalities understand the terms of the contracts/MOUs.
- Make sure that the activities are executed according to the plan and strategy, following CVT rules and policies.
- Work closely with MEAL team to ensure provision of the required information.
- Ensures that project documentation is filled out and archived properly.
- Monitors the work of the livelihood teams and follows up the contractual commitments plan (field visits to teams’ locations).
- Support municipalities, and CVT staff to solve any problems, challenges, or delays in programming.
- Makes sure that funds transferred to the field are paid in time according to CVT policies and that supporting documentation is correct
- Inform management staff of any opportunities, challenges, potential security issues or changes to the programming environment.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with other departments as needed (Logistics, Administration, Finance, MEAL, Protection)
- Lead weekly and monthly planning of Livelihood programme.
- Effectively supervise the programme assistant and TVET assistant to complete programme implementation with a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate activities with other livelihood stakeholders (INGO, LNGO) and/or municipalities (if applicable).
- Daily and weekly reporting on activities of livelihood programme.
- Collect and report any new security information, incidents or any change of the context to the line manager.
- Report challenges, successes, relevant issues to the Livelihood Programme Manager.
Reports to: Livelihood Programme Manager
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Possibility to gain working experience within in internationally recognized NGO;
- 24 days of paid leave per year.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates shall submit their CV to Derik Social Affairs and Labour Office or using this link https://airtable.com/shryt8FGur31wnha6 , no later than midnight Sunday 20th September 2020. Please mention the position title for which you are applyi
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.