the code of the position: NES-DRK-LOG-0097
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Application deadline: 15-Sep-20
- University degree in related field (business management, Engineering, Marketing)
- At least 2 years of experience in logistics and/or Supply Chain at officer level in private or/and humanitarian sector.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic languages is required, Ability to produce reports in English
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach
- Good interpersonal, management and leadership skills
- Negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (minimum requirement).
- Evidence of ability to work in a participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities
Priority will be given to candidates with relevant educational background and technical field experience.
- Processes the requisitions sent by the requester in accordance with the Procurement Manual in force by sending, preparing and collecting all the supportive documentations and evidences
(RFQ, PBS, organizing tender committee, run Bridger Insight, GRN, SRN, VRT…) to ensure
compliance with the MRFS internal and relevant donors’ procedures, rules and regulations.
- Pro-actively coordinate with requester to develop procurement solutions, infuse customer service satisfaction approach within the department, feed other departments with relevant procurement information and data useful to enhance project deliverables.
- Educate and support requester to ensure timely submission of approved PRs with sufficient details (specification, Scope of Work…) and realistic delivery target date as per the Service Level Agreement for local procurement in force.
- Is responsible for the timely delivery and regular feedback on procurement process to requester (including progress of procurement planning and progress of individual procurement requisitions).
- Remain updated of internal and donor procedures, attend to refreshment and training
activities delivered by the Senior Procurement Officer and/or Country Procurement Coordinator.
- ANALYSING & REPORTING
- Regularly carry out market analysis, collect from potential suppliers: relevant documentation such as registration, tax certificates, owners’ ID, past contract references, invite most-technically-sound program personnel to conduct documented technical assessment, evaluate supplier’s capacity
- Track and record suppliers’ performance based on in country agreed indicators (quality, effectiveness, efficiency, payment terms, flexibility…).
- Documented under-performance of suppliers is reported and taken into account during bidding evaluation process
- Seek technical advice/support, orientation and guidance from the Senior Procurement Officer to perform duties in efficiently manner.
- Ensures that the Procurement and disposal of Commodities, especially those subject to US Export compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Medical Relief for Syria.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Medical Relief for Syria’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Advertiser : Medical Relief for Syria
Duty Station: Derik -NES
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: email@example.com
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-DRK-LOG-0097) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line ” NES-DRK-LOG-0097 ” will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.