JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3676
Job Title: IT Assistant
Application deadline: 9/30/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or relevant fields
- CCNA courses desired, MCSE or equivalent experience is desired.
- At least two-year experience in IT profession.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- MS Office experience required.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing both wired and wireless LAN.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Able to work independently within a team environment.
- English language will be an asset
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
The IT assistant is primarily responsible for assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure in Syria (Raqqa, Kesra, Abu Khashab Camp and other places). Fulfillment of these responsibilities may require travel to Kesra, Abu Khashab Camp and other locations in NES. Prominent working relationships are with the IT officer in Hassakah for any technical issue.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(1) Installation & Configuration of:
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using organization standard Windows 10 operating system image.
(2) IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues
(3) Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all organization computers and network resources.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per organization IT recommendations.
- Update appropriate network security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Working towards a successful resolution of the problems clients present.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity. Advise country office and Global/Regional IT accordingly.
(4) Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Test and evaluate new technology as requested by Field Coordinator or Lead/Regional IT
- Advise site managers of the technology available to help accomplish their tasks and goals and help them develop a technology implementation plan inclusive of system design and staff training.
- Conduct site visits to field offices whenever needed and approved by management and provide required technical support.
- Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for IT officer.
Band / Level / Grade: 9
Reports to: IT Officer in Hassakah
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.