JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3677
Job Title: Senior HR Officer
Application deadline: 10/7/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University studies/ Higher education in Human Resources, Business administration or related field.
- 3 years of experience in human resources; 1-2 years in a similar role. Professional experience with INGOs/NGOs and/or international experience is a plus; interest in humanitarian field is preferred.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Strong management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross cultural context.
- Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Excellent Presentation, Training, Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Proven track record in developing capacity of staff.
- The ability to work under pressure and with employees from all levels.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Written and Spoken fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
The Senior HR Officer is responsible for providing support to various human resource functions of the Raqqa governorate cross-border program. S/He will be responsible supporting HR functions according to policies and procedures. S/He will help in the development of the HR department, employee relations and act as liaison on matters related to staff development. S/He will also follow up on benefits and compensation, organizational development, job evaluation/analysis, and other employment related functions. Under the supervision of the Senior HR Manager and the Field Coordinator, the Senior HR Officer will lead the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. S/He will actively participate in development and roll out global HR initiatives and review local HR policies and procedures.
Human Resource Management
- Participate in the periodic review of the HR policies and procedures recommending changes to the Senior HR Manager
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of organization HR Handbook, support employee interpretation and ensure compliance.
- Responsible for overall Field HR record management that include maintaining a copy of each staff file in a complete, secure and confidential manner, updating Box folders and ensure original copies are sent and stored in main office.
- In consultation with the Senior HR Manager, attend to staff issues in regards to benefits, grievances, disputes and disciplinary cases in conformity with HR policies.
- Ensure every staff has and have signed a job description, Contracts and timesheets detailing their duties.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts.
- Responsible for recruitment of grade 8B and below roles and actively collaborate with Talent acquisition team in the recruitment processes for all Field positions.
- Support the recruitment of IWs as and when needed.
- Maintain a tracking system of the specific field vacancies and the recruitment process and continuously support the Recruiter to follow up with relevant Hiring Managers for accountability and timeliness.
- Post adverts, and where requested, support shortlisting, participate in interviews and coordinate production of interview outcome reports.
- Conduct orientation of Global and Country HR Policies and on boarding of all new staff at the Field Office
- Network locally to market organization brand in support of talent attraction efforts.
- Ensure continuous communication of the process, cycle, tools and policies.
- Support Supervisors to understand and utilize the system in support of staff development and performance.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance to the performance management system including tracking and timely completion of annual goal setting and year end check-in processes.
- Conduct quality control of the process and outcome i.e. ensuring SMART Goals and objectives and ensure periodic supervisor-staff meetings take place (e.g one on one meetings).
- With support from the Senior HR Manager, support supervisors to manage challenging performance management situations e.g. staff on PIP, non-performance and/or exits due to poor performance.
- Support in the annual analysis and communication for merit increments.
- Manage performance of the HR Assistant by ensuring s/he has challenging objectives and SMART goals, providing technical support, on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, sharing best practices/business processes and ensuring s/he is regularly updated with new initiatives, policies and procedures.
Employee Engagement, Relations and Capacity Building
- Act as an organization Way Ambassador, as a role model is expected to behave professionally.
- Support supervisors to develop people management skills through advice and feedback emphasizing IRC success model and the organization Leadership standards.
- Develop innovative activities that can strengthen the working relationship/team building.
- Ensure monthly staff meetings take place and report any key issues to the Senior HR Manager and the Field Coordinator.
- Ensure all staff have organization Staff ID cards within their first week of joining.
- Liaise with the benefits team to draft contracts for new hires, communicate with main office for signatures and continuously ensure all staff have valid and signed employment contracts.
- Ensure any changes on email accounts are done on time including deactivation upon the staff contract’s termination.
- Monitor and ensure end of probation evaluations take place and relevant forms completed.
- Coordinate the staff exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month.
Staff Learning and Development:
- Coordinate with the learning and development unit the development of the annual Learning and Development plan.
- Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in the Annual L&D Plan.
- Work with the Senior Learning and Development officer to support periodic staff capacity building initiatives.
Pay and Benefits
- Support monthly payroll processing through compiling and communication of necessary changes.
- Monitor employee attendance and review overtime requests before submission to Payroll.
- Manage the field staffs’ annual leave benefit ensuring planned utilization and send monthly utilization reports.
- Prepare monthly HR forecast and send to the benefits team.
Incentive Workers Management
- Ensure compliance to the Incentive Workers Policy that include recruitment, contract management and separation.
- Prepare (upon request of main office) / Sign “Letter of Understanding” forms of incentive workers and ensure proper and safe record keeping of all Incentive Worker documentation.
- Ensure IW payment is supported by approved time and attendance sheets, current ATC and LOU.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior HR Manager and Field Coordinator
Position directly supervises: HR Assistant
Deployment Type: Full Time
Start Date: 1 October 2020
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa and Deir ez-Zor Governorates
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
“Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis due to the
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.