JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3698
Job Title: Logistic/Admin Assistant
Application deadline: 29.09.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University degree in relevant field ( business, Admin or Management);
- At least 1 year work experience in logistics or Admin field.
- Good command of English language oral and written;
- Computer skills MS Office pack; Word, Excel and power point is essential.
- Experience in working in the humanitarian sector is desirable
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Attention to detail and excellent in numeracy;
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to work within deadlines, prioritizing competing demands;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on own initiative and proactively provide support;
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
– Where necessary provide support for visitors in the areas of accommodation, transport and per diems.
– Report any security concerns or issues to the DM on a timely basis.
– Maintain a hard copy of all Administrative and logistic files (service/ drivers Contracts, procurements files, etc…) and make sure all documentations are completed. Ensure soft copies are regularly uploaded on SharePoint and hard copies are securely transferred to Central filing.
– Maintain all premises rental agreements in Hassakeh/Derek and be responsible of preparing payments and contractual documents on time. Liaise and Report any property maintenance issues to the landlord
– Ensure that all utility bills are processed and paid in a timely manner (electricity, water, telephone and internet).
– Review and submit the monthly recharge phone credit sheet by 25th of each month.
– Maintain the Concern office and equipment to ensure they are functional and meeting health and safety standards.
– Be responsible for the preparation of supply requests for office/ guest houses equipment and supplies as and when required.
- Local purchases:
– Collect and submit price quotations from reputable suppliers as per the Concern Procurement guidelines as requested by the staff.
– Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed as requested by the staff.
– Check procured items once delivered against original specifications as requested by the staff.
– Perform all necessary filing as requested by the staff.
- Logistics Support to Syria
– Support the Log Manager with day to day logistics issues in the Concern Northern Syria office.
– Support the Log Manager with any filing or basic administration or general support to the Concern Syria office in Northern Syria including basic repair and maintenance.
– Support the HR manager with basic stock control and stationary management in the Concern office in Northern Syria.
– Supervise all shipment movement from/to Hassakeh City
– Manage Concern Hassakeh/Derek warehouses with all stock (in/out) process
– Other business as assigned by the Log Manager
– Supervise and task the cleaners, drivers & office watchmen.
– Prepare monthly Watchmen roster to ensure equity in monthly working hours.
– Review the log sheets of drivers and prepare Mileage report.
Event management and hospitality
– Arrange meetings and workshops as requested based on meeting organizers’ needs
– Ensure refreshments are available for office visitors and guests
– Ensure meeting/interview rooms have the necessary facilities and equipment installed and readily available for use.
– Support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and the associated policies among staff and be committed to providing a safe working environment;
– Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the office.
– Undertake other appropriate tasks that support the work of Concern in Syria as requested.
Advertiser : Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply, please send an email including:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Three professional references with full information (emails – phone numbers – job positions)
– The serial number DRK/001 as subject
The deadline for receiving
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.