JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3709
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Application deadline: 10/6/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor degree in statistics, economics, public health or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in and demonstrated expertise in MEAL of donor-funded programs (of which a sizable portion in conflict/humanitarian programs)
- This position requires (Related) managerial know-how
- Strong knowledge of MEAL methodology data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing
- Strong experience in developing/managing MEAL systems in complex environments
- Experience of capacity-building to achieve MEAL objectives
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to MEAL using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated MEAL field experience, in conflict or complex contexts;
- Skilled in collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data linked with inputs, outputs and outcomes
- Experienced in working with technical teams to enable programme development
- Experience in team management
- Strong analytics skills and well-versed with digital tools for data collection
- Demonstrated capacity to use project MEAL information to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making
- Strong knowledge of statistical software. Advanced skills with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience of remote management methodologies
- Fluent in English, Arabic, Kurdish.
- Supervise a team of MEAL staff working on various programs, including IM, M&E and CRM
- Strengthen monitoring and accountability mechanisms that are periodically reviewed and improved, particularly with regard to planning according to proposals and MEAL plans
- Build partner and staff capacity in M&E systems and accountability mechanisms, introducing remote monitoring systems.
- Identify and manage consultants that can provide independent post-activity monitoring of supported programming and (beneficiary) accountability mechanisms.
- Ensure that organizational learning is fully integrated into program management and implementation
- Ensure lessons from one initiative is shared widely with other programs and projects
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of organizational learning within and externally as appropriate.
- Support the Grants Manager for Programs to design innovative programs and high quality, technically sound project proposals
- Collaborate with Grants Manager for the production of high-quality concept notes, project proposals and donor reporting
- Support in the facilitation of the proposal development process, between program support and program departments
- Ensure PQ team components of proposals, particularly monitoring plans and frameworks are developed
- Stay abreast of developments in the external context and core sectors to inform program design
- Ensure strategies and plans are in place for the technical sectors to adequately reflect the overall Country office strategies and program operational plans
- Ensure programming is of high technical standards in line with international best practice
- Support in the development of tools and guidance for programming in key sectors as per the needs of the program
- Regular monitoring of the technical quality of programming, and provide feedback to field teams as well as CO management on support needs as well as any concerns over program quality
- Capacity building of staff and partner staff on gender equality programming in emergencies, GBV and Protection
- Participate in the design and delivery of programs to ensure a strong gender-sensitive approach is integrated into all assessments, activities and outcomes
- Work with partner organizations to design and implement a capacity building plan on gender sensitive responses
- Develop and implement the gender action plan for operations
- In collaboration with the Area Director and/or HR Manager, develop a capacity building plan for staff under supervision
- Maintain a recruitment plan, adapting to PQ and MEAL team needs
- Identify and/or organize learning events within relevant topics
- Ensure that an effective system is in place for sharing best practice, lessons learned and communicating policies, with CMPs and lead members for that particular grant as well as for donors and particularly with program teams with recommended strategies.
The role of the MEAL Manager is to support ensuring program quality among programs by supporting monitoring and evaluation of programs as well as facilitating learning reviews for staff to document best practices. The MEAL Manager promotes improving program quality to improve ability to implement programming in target areas. The MEAL manager will coordinate all M&E activities, developing tools, systems, and approaches, and working with other hubs to harmonize where possible.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 6th Oct 2020;
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion, a
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.