JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3722
Job Title: Health Officer
Application deadline: 1-Oct-20
- Medical graduate preferably with post-graduation in public health, social work, or related field
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working with NGOs in humanitarian or development contexts
- Must be able to analyse and interpret data and to track performance against program indicators
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel within the intervention area inside Syria
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and cultures
Monitor and supervise the assigned healthcare facilities and MMU through ongoing communication and regular visits and share findings with line manager
– Actively participate in the recruitment process of medical staff at the supported facilities and MMU.
– Support the warehouse pharmacists to ensure that the requests for medical supplies and equipment are collected from the facilities and MMU; and that the procured orders are delivered to the health facilities on time.
– Participate and lead needs assessment and surveys in the area of intervention.
– Ensure the submission of health data and reports from the health facilities to Amuda office in a regular basis.
– Ensure that all health data requirements are filled in NES’s dedicated template for every activity.
– Participate in designing NES health plan at the field level, by providing inputs related to the context and the health requirements.
– Suggest design improvements including the staffing end equipment levels according to the standard package of care.
– Suggest the needed capacity building for the medical staff.
– Coordinate with the health actors including the health directorates at the field level under the supervision of Amuda Team .
– Raise relevant security issues to health unit in Amuda office, and provide recommendations if needed.
– Contribute to NES mitigation measures at the field level.
– Coordinate with the relevant local health authorities and other health sector actors working in the region of NES interest as may be necessary, in coordination with the line manager
– Support line manager in the planning of projects, and highlight any deviations from the planed targets
– Review and analyze the health facility reports, and support in the compiling of timely project reports.
– Support the medical commodities coordinator in reviewing the periodic drug consumption reports from the field and analyzing drug consumption against consultations and morbidities
– Support community health coordinator in planning and implementing community health activities and CHW trainings
– Provide the required technical support for the community health team in coordination with health unit team in Gaziantep office.
– Conduct regular patient chart reviews and treatment protocol compliance audits for each of the assigned facilities.
– Identify prevalent epidemic diseases in the community and set up appropriate strategies to be implemented in case of epidemics and other health emergencies.
– Serve as ACU EWARN field focal point, communicating disease trends as soon as they are noted for follow up.
– Attend regular meetings with the health facilities management boards when needed.
– Anticipate changing needs and emergencies, and communicate it to the technical teams.
– Provide training to doctors on the agreed clinical guidelines. Assist in training health staff to build capacity and ensure the maximum use of their skills, and their full and effective participation in health activities whilst conforming to NES and health authority protocols
– Translate health data as required.
– Internally promote and encourage community participation in and ownership of health and nutrition activities at the community level.
– All other duties and tasks as assigned by the line manager.L1
Advertiser : Confidntial
Duty Station: Kasra
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.