JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3735
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Application deadline: 04.10.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University degree in Social Sciences or another relevant domain.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and GBV minimum standards and basic principles.
- Experience in working with children, in social work and outreach activities, including psychosocial support and social emotional learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Basic written and spoken English skills.
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Supervision and support to CFS activities
- Supervise Protection Facilitators and support staff in the day-to-day running of the Child- Friendly Spaces and Adolescent Programs.
- Provide the facilitators with regular feedback on protection activities and assist in identifying new approaches to support families with additional needs.
- Provide information sessions to caregivers on various protection topics, according to agreed timelines.
- Work with the Protection Officer and wider protection team to develop a curriculum for PSS activities, topics and other social and emotional learning activities according to existing Concern guidelines.
- Promote the inclusion of children with various emotional and physical abilities into Concerns Protection programming.
- In coordination with the Protection Officer, support in the identification and mapping referral pathways in your area, ensuring that they are functional and identifying children and caregivers that could benefit from available specialised services.
- Support the Protection Officer to ensure the allocated budget for the Protection program is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget.
CFS and Protection outreach
- Liaise with community stakeholders about the implementation of Concerns Protection programming. Where necessary, involve them in project implementation and beneficiary engagement.
- Support the Protection Officer to integrate protection-mainstreaming activities (e.g. gender equality, accountability) across Concern’s different programs.
Reporting, quality control and monitoring and accountability
- Prepare reports according to agreed timelines on activities undertaken in the Protection program including; Attendance, challenges encountered and best practice methods.
- Support the Protection Officer and Concern’s MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality, and prepare case studies.
- Comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser : Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please fill out the form on the following link: https://forms.gle/ZzvDx2XehfaYmnJfA
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.