JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3743
Job Title: Deputy Food Security and Agriculture Coordinator
Application deadline: Oct- 08- 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- MA/MS degree in a relevant subject; food security, agriculture, economics or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in humanitarian response including in the coordination, Agriculture and food Security sector.
- Ability to work and plan at strategic as well as operational levels.
- Understanding of the international humanitarian response architecture, including coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action, and funding mechanisms.
- Experience of high-level coordination and chairing of meetings.
- Previous experience and formal training in Sector/Cluster Coordination preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and develop consensus and joint working.
- Ability to work productively in a pressurized environment and to maintain visibly high levels of morale in difficult circumstances.
- Good knowledge of North East Syria and/or the Syria Crisis preferred.
- Fluently spoken and written English is required. Good command of Arabic as well
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Mobile Data Collection tools.
- Documentation skills.
- Assessment Design skills.
- Data Analysis skills.
- Database Management skills
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the guidance and supervision of North East Syria Food Security and livelihood Coordinator, The Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Coordinator will provide necessary support services at the Agriculture working group and bread/bakeries working group in North East Syria based in Amuda, The main role of the Deputy FSL Point falls within the five core Cluster Functions: (1) Effective Service Delivery; (2) Inform strategic decision making; (3) Plan and develop Agriculture strategy; (4) Develop long term bread and bakeries strategy; (5) Plan regular agriculture sectoral joint response and contingency plan/preparedness;
- Organizing regular meetings with Agriculture Working Group with NES NGO partners, setting agenda and meeting minutes under North East Syria Food Security and livelihood Coordinator guidance.
- Following up with partners on the action points and seeking North East Syria Food Security and livelihood Coordinator attention where interventions are needed with partners
- Supporting NES Information Management Officer in maintaining sector data sets particularly livelihood and agriculture for identifying main gaps and eliminating overlaps through information sharing and reporting into 5Ws to effectively feed in the FSS’s and nutrition sector reporting systems and tools.
- Supporting the North East Syria Food Security and livelihood Coordinator for emergency preparedness plan, response implementation and tracking across Livelihood and Agriculture sectors partners cross all NES, but also in any other rising emergency contexts
- Drafting reports and briefing notes on Livelihood and Agriculture sectors in NES and development of the context and needs for the North East Syria Food Security and livelihood Coordinator Supporting partners to ensure service delivery is driven by the agreed FSL
- Supporting Agriculture partners in initiating, analysing and reporting on needs assessment information for livelihood and Agriculture working group in NES as well as the Bread and Bakeries working group, when there are sudden displacements including through multi-sector needs assessments. This includes liaising with WoS FSL Assessment and Monitoring Officer and WoS Information Management Officers.
- Liaising with relevant technical leads of the livelihood and Agriculture, discussing, developing, analysing and sharing relevant technical standards (including both minimum and maximum standards), and guidelines.
- Ensuring consideration and inclusion of cross-cutting issues (Protection, Age, Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction and Environment) in the Livelihood and Agriculture response
- Participating in inter-sector meetings, regular and ad hoc, to ensure the best integrated understanding of needs, contexts’ changes, populations movements and response planning
- Promoting among the Agriculture Working Group, Bread and Bakeries Working Group and encouraging knowledge sharing such as exchange of best practices and lessons learnt
- Perform other duties as required
Employment category: Full time
Reporting to: Food Security and Livelihood Sector Coordinator, North East Syria
Direct reports: None
Authorization level: None Unit/department: Food Security and Livelihood Sector
Location: North East Syria
Office: Regional Office
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: North East Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.