JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3770
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Application deadline: 10.10.2020
- Serve the community with creativity, kindness, and generosity.
- Oral Interpretation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Written Translation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Participate in registration of beneficiaries in community programming.
- Communicate with beneficiary families in partnership with the programming team.
- Plan and participate in community assessment, coordination, listening, and collaboration activities.
- Make timely and accurate requests for materials and space for activities, following closely all processes and procedures.
- Complete all reporting deliverables as directed.
- Attend and implement lessons learned from orientation and ongoing trainings.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Site supervision experience in an iNGO required.
- Construction or engineering experience required.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, a leader, and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to excel in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Excellent mathematic skills.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road conditions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possesses strong understanding of local area, including language, culture, and political environment.
Education / Experience Needed
Engineer with construction experience, engineer assistant, or construction technician (technical observer).
3+ years of related work experience.
Including 2+ years working with an international non-governmental organization in a site supervisor, construction, or cash for work role.
Arabic, English and Kurdish are required
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Travelling to distribution and project sites as required.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises
Under the overall direction of the Food Assistance Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Food Assistance Program Coordinator, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Cash for Work programming in Tal Tamer, specifically in regard to project oversight, construction progress, and team leadership. The Site Supervisor will liaise with the community leaders, implementing partners and other local stakeholders to maintain proper communication channels, and ensure the organization’s policies for IDP registration and project management are being followed and reported in a timely and orderly fashion.
12 week contract, with possibility for extension.
- Manage day to day activities of work site, including ensuring all IDP workers are present and timesheets are signed daily, while also ensuring project goals are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage registration process for IDPs and periodically verify the beneficiaries list.
- Perform monthly report summaries, including timesheet tracking, and project progress reporting.
- Support the Program Coordinator in communicating on a regular basis with community leaders to ensure that the program activities / expectations are being achieved.
- Ensure specific cash for work policies are being followed.
- Act as the organization’s representative to stakeholders as requested for matters concerning the organization’s livelihoods in Al-Hasakah and Tal Tamer.
- Maintain accurate and orderly records of all supplies, tools, and assets at worksite.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator to project supply needs for the following month and request the required supplies.
- Support with livelihood and food activities as required.
- Be available to the program during times of emergency response activation.
- Prepare and present site inductions, safety briefings and assess and manage safety hazards.
- Ensuring appropriate site rules and welfare facilities are in place.
- Carrying out regular inspections.
- Help project managers to plan the work programme.
- Helping co-ordinate deliveries of materials, plant and equipment.
- Resolving problems and implement improvements.
Advertiser : Confidential
Duty Station: Al-Hassakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.