JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3799
Job Title: Food Security and Emergency Officer
Application deadline: 19.10.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University Degree
- Ability to use MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Four years of experience in a humanitarian organization,
- Experience in conducting assessments and distributions.
- Previous experience with digital data gathering (DDG) applications. I.e – iformbuilder, Kobo, ODK, etc.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate a collaborative working approach.
- Ability to effectively and compassionately engage with vulnerable populations and maintain a high degree of discretion.
- Willingness to be flexible and work long hours when required;
- Good organizational skills and ability to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in report writing
Programme Implementation and Programme Quality
In coordination with the Programme Manager, the programme officer will provide technical and management oversight and supervision of assigned food security and emergency project activities. The main duties include, but not limited to;
– Conducting weekly field visits, ensuring activities are in line with standard operating proceeds and ensuring all activity in the area of operation are reached in accordance with agreed programme objectives.
– Facilitating the capacity building of project staffs by providing on the job training, identifying possible training opportunities (internal and external) and providing regular feedback.
– Ensuring that vendor assessments and selection are consistent and in line with the standard operating procedure.
Team Management and capacity building
– Managing and supervising programme assistants to ensure programme activities are well planned, prioritized, carried out to a high standard, in a timely manner and monitored in efficient and effective ways, with due consideration to gender, disability and other protection issues.
– Leading on multi-sectoral needs assessments in new areas of operation as recurred.
– Carrying out Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s) with Food Security and Emergency assistants.
– Ensuring teams are consistently utilising internal referrals mechanisms to refer vulnerable households.
– Where necessary, to lead on community consultations to ensure activities are implemented without unintended consequences and mitigating community tensions.
– Supporting the teams to develop detailed implementation work plans, to effectively plan carry out assessments, verification and distributions and ensure they are coordinated with other teams (MEAL, logistics, protection).
– Share information about Concern’s activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working within areas of operation to avoid duplication and ensure needs are identified and met.
– Collaborate effectively with the Food Security and Emergency Manager
And Area Coordinators to support on coordination efforts with local authorities and to secure necessary approvals in a timely manner.
Reporting and information management
– Ensure distribution reports are completed in a timely manner and that these are stored on share point.
– Ensure that the programme activities tracker is updated in a timely manner
– Ensure weekly plans are completed and shared in a timely manner
Monitoring and Evaluation
– Working closely with the MEAL team to ensure the MEAL emergency activity feedback tracker is updated, and the necessary actions are taken and recorded by project teams.
– Closely monitor CRM reports and share with Food Security and Emergency Manager.
– Lead on focus group discussions with beneficiaries and their community representatives, to help inform project activities and methodologies.
– Work closely with the MEAL team carry out market assessment and price monitoring data collected.
Safety and Security:
– Ensure full compliance with security plans and protocols and that any security/safety-related information is communicated in a timely manner to the Food Security and Emergency Manager and Area Coordinators.
– Ensure team members are aware of core Concern policies and procedures relevant to their work, and with the support of others, carry out regular briefings on these policies, including the Code of Conduct and Associated Policies, security management plan, accountability, etc. Contribute to the implementation of these policies.
– Undertake other programme activities when requested by the Food Security and Emergency Manager, Emergency Programme Coordinator, Area Coordinators or/and Senior Management team.
Advertiser : Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please fill out the form on the following link: https://forms.gle/pSXqLkLzHDQgygq89
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.