JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3919
Job Title: WASH Program Officer
Application deadline: 25-10-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in WASH programming with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO) and/or Local NGO.
- Public Health or Social Psychology background.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments.
- Exposure to northeast Syria programming a plus.
- Experience is responding in emergencies.
- Should have a good understanding of WASH in emergencies mainly on hygiene promotion methodologies.
- Good level in written, spoken Arabic and English.
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in humanitarian work.
- An ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Strong computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Experience in facilitating training sessions.
- Experience working with electronic data collection tools.
- Under the supervision of the WASH Coordinator, provide ongoing, regular technical support to implementing field teams to ensure that WASH activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner. Identify challenges as they arise and proactively work to find solutions as required.
- Support the WASH Coordinator in developing and reviewing list of hygiene promotion activities supplies and resources.
- Under the guidance from the WASH Coordinator, coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure monitoring of activities as required.
- Develop and keep up-to Date workplans in consultant with WASH Coordinator and field staff.
- Supervise water distribution through water trucking, works to ensure water quality and quantity provided
- Develop water distribution plans and documents to regularly monitor the distributions and ensure safe access to all women, men, girls and boys to water supply sources.
- Prepare specific workplans and lead on distributing WASH NFI materials; cleaning tools, hygiene kits, WMCs tools.
- Ensure that any necessary changes to the project design, outputs are identified and brought to the attention to the WSAH Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Hygiene Promotion activities are in line with relevant standards, codes of conducts and humanitarian principles.
- Develop and implement hygiene promotion activities and resources in a way ensuring sustainability and promotes local capacity.
- Effective coordination and integration of hygiene promotion activities with the delivery of and others water and sanitation services.
- In close coordination with WASH field teams and WASH Coordinator, identify key hygiene practices and address them and develop workplan to promote safe hygiene practices.
- Support WASH Coordinator in organizing and conducting trainings for field teams and communities on hygiene promotion elements, strategies and methodologies.
- Develop IEC material with support of WASH filed teams and WASH Coordinator.
- Organize regular cleaning campaigns in targeted locations if applicable.
- Lead in establishing WASH Management Committees and ensure effective workplans and regular communications are in place, ensure women participation and taking leadership.
- Participate in WMCs meetings as required and provide technical support and guidelines to committee members
- Identify training needs for WMCs and raise these suggestions to WASH Coordinator and supporting WASH Coordinator on preparing and conducting needed trainings.
- Ensure effective participation of community members in WMCs meetings.
- Liaise regularly with Program Support units to ensure HR, admin, logistics, procurement, and finance requirements are met including PRs, GRNs, financial reporting and other administrative requirements
- Work in harmony with all other project staff and field teams for the effective and efficient delivery of day-to-day WASH activities
- Collaborate with the WASH Coordinator to ensure gender considerations are fully integrated and promoted throughout the project cycle with a focus on ensuring women are empowered and encouraged to influence decision making around critical WASH issues
- Under guidance from the WASH Coordinator, coordinate with all stakeholders on the ground to monitor the security situation and report back on any security concerns
- Provide regular updates and reports both verbally and written to WASH Coordinator on activity progress, priorities and constraints.
- Any other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned by the WASH Program Manager or WASH Coordinator.
- Under the direction and guidance of the WASH Coordinator, coordinate with WASH field teams to ensure that the appropriate tools/approaches are used during assessments, particularly WASH rapid needs assessments (RNA), and Knowledge, Multi Sector Needs Assessments (MSNA), Attitude and Practice (KAP) surveys
- Under the direction and guidance of the WASH Coordinator, Lead with WASH Field Teams to conduct RNAs and to determine priorities and immediate activities.
- Translate assessment tools where required, especially for use by WASH Field teams and Temporary Workers.
- Support the WASH Coordinator in data analysis and assessment findings and in the preparation of WASH reports
- Undertake accurate filing and updating of project documents on the shared drive and database.
- Ensure project documents are filed and saved on the shared drive appropriately and archived accordingly.
- Identify and assess capacity building needs of field staff and provide inputs and suggestion to WSAH Coordinator and WASH Program manager to prepare technical capacity building plan
- Lead WASH training and capacity building for WASH team in relevant areas, including Water Safety Plans (water quality testing and monitoring), hygiene promotion/community mobilisation and gender minimum commitments
- Review and develop appropriate tools to enable WASH team to deliver, monitor, evaluate and report on WASH activities
- As part of an integrated team, under guidance from the WASH Coordinator, contribute towards monitoring of WASH program activities and achievements against indicators, including drafting and updating of the MEAL workbook in coordination with MEAL team.
- Working closely with the MEAL team, review beneficiary lists and update and analyse beneficiary databases, forms and situation reports
- In collaboration with the WASH team and MEAL team, monitor the impact of the program activities on the beneficiaries
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Update and submit 4Ws, situation reports and other information for coordination mechanisms under the direction of the WASH Coordinator.
- Ensure inputs 4Ws are updated and submitted timely.
- Ensure inputs to situation reports are updated and submitted on time
- Represent in meetings with external stakeholders (other humanitarian actors in NES) as needed
- Provide regular updates to WASH Coordinator and team on progress, priorities and constraints, both verbally and in written form
- Represent to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as requested
- Coordinate with all teams to identify and implement integrated response when applicable.
Contract period: Till 31st December 2020 (with possibility to extend)
The WASH Officer will work under the direction and supervision of the WASH Coordinator. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activities of emergency response to conflict in North East Syria. S/he will need to regularly co-ordinate and communicate with Field teams in order to ensure the effective, day-to-day implementation of programs; and with other team members, especially logistics, Human Resources and finance, to ensure a rapid, appropriate and effective response.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaha
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- CV and cover letter should be in one file and only application in English will be considered;
- Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 25th Oct 2020.
- We encourage candidates from any social background, religion,
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.