JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3947
Job Title: Food Monitoring (FSL-Food Monitor)
Application deadline: 3/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Skills and Ability
- Fluency in Arabic
- Knowledge of safe storage practices for procured food rations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in overseeing food safety and quality checks, including the sensory examination and the use of laboratory testing of samples.
- Academic/professional qualification in public health and/or nutrition desired
- Experience in distributions, in kind food rations and vouchers
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- University degree, agriculture, food science or nutrition is preferred, Or the College of Science with all its specializations
- At least 6 month of previous food assistance commodity related experience,
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment is required
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Proven ability to learn quickly and achieve stated results and objectives
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Computer skills – Word and Excel will be an asset
- Ability to conduct oneself with sensitivity and respect toward others
- English language is preferred,
Under the supervision of the Senior Food Security and Nutrition Officer and Country Programs Coordinator, the Food Monitor will support the implementation of organization’s food security and nutrition projects by providing close monitoring of food safety and nutrition related matters to the programme and logistic teams.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
- Project assistant – Food safety
- Emergency Program Manager
- Sr. Food security and Nutrition Officer
- Country Projects Coordinator
- Monitoring the implementation of the food related logistic processes
- Nutrition awareness sessions WORKING RELATIONS
- Area Coordinators
- Country Projects Coordinator
- Logistics Departments
- Programme department
- Suppliers / food vendors
The role of the Food Monitor is to support the safe and effective implementation of organization’s food security-related projects. This will through the following key tasks:
- Providing quality checks on nutrition and food safety related matters to the programme and logistic teams;
- Ensuring that specific logistic and quality processes related to food items management are strictly followed at the field level;
- supporting the planning, implementation and reporting of food quality and safety checks
- Conducting nutritional awareness sessions (trainer)
- Program Implementation
Objective 1.1: Support to Food Security projects.
The Food Monitor will:
- Work with the food Safety Assistant and Amman-based Food Security and Nutrition Officer to conduct strict quality checks for food supplies and local vendor being procured by organization
- Ensuring that guidance provided to organization on appropriate food testing methodologies are implemented in all food-related procurements
- Provide advice and support to the Logistics team on the correct processes for the safe storage and delivery of food items
- Performing sensory and technical examination of the food items available at the food vendors and supplier and make sure that ACTED beneficiaries receive safe food.
- Support organization Monitoring and Evaluation team on the monitoring of nutrition indicators at the field level
- Performing educational sessions to organization beneficiaries related to nutrition and food safety and quality.
- Supervising the packaging, loading, and offloading of the supplier and assure that these procedures confirms with organization `s Sops related to food safety.
- Conducting nutritional awareness sessions in the targeted areas with the beneficiaries
Objective 1.2: Reporting
- Ensure the proper documentation of all food quality checks; ensure that all relevant filing is properly organised, up-to-date and complete, and that it reaches the Amman capital office in a timely manner
- Support the Food Safety Assistant and Amman-based Nutrition Specialist in preparing Northeast-Syria specific training materials and reporting
- Provide regular reports to the Food Safety Assistant and Nutrition Specialist on the progress of the implementation of activities and on observations made during the mission.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Aleppo governorate Manbij and Ar-raqqa governorate & west Deir ez Zor governorate, Syria
How to Apply:
ell qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview