JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3949
Job Title: Project Assistant- Information Management
Application deadline: 3/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
University degree in the Informatics engineering or diploma a relevant field
– At least one year ’ experience in a similar job
– One year experience in working humanitarian organizations
– Demonstrated experience in developing data collection tools for monitoring and evaluation (e.g. surveys, structured observations, focus group discussions);
– Demonstrated experience designing electronic data collection tools in software such as ODK ONA, KOBO.
– Demonstrated experience in training and managing data collectors to produce high quality monitoring data.
– data (using Excel, SPSS, Stata, or similar software) and qualitative data;
– Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
– Fluency in Arabic and very good English, written and oral;
Under the authority of the Project Manager and in close collaboration with Project Officers, s/he is responsible for the data entry, the data analysis and the quality of data linked to the project activities. S/he should ensure that all the documentation is properly stored and meets project requirements and quality standards,
Availability and duration of the position is subject to funding.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
– Project Officer (Direct Management)
– Senior Project Officer
– Project Manager
– Data entry
Database management and analysis
Documentation review and control
Deputy Project Manager
Vendors , Market Leaders and
Database management and data entry
Creation, management and adaption of the Databases according to the project’s needs
Data entry and maintenance of the database
Ensure that all the documents are correctly filed
Ensure the quality of the data entry and cleaning of the data
Data entry and regular update of programme stock and distribution follow up
Ensuring that quality of collected documentation is meeting project criteria
Review and comparison of information between beneficiary files, and payment sheets to identify
Ensuring that all documentation meet the requirements as per the project criteria
Data analysis and data collection
Provide regular data analysis of the collected data to produce information on activities’ outputs and outcomes
Support the program team in analysing the data collected from assessments & surveys
Upon request, contribute to the improvement, modification or creation of data tools
Contribute to the creation of data tools for assessments & surveys
Provide data extracts, summaries and statistics upon request
Analysis and review of registration list and cross check with beneficiary lists to prevent any duplication of services
Supporting the team in the field during the data collection as required
Support to the Programme team
Preparation and printing of templates as per the programme request
Scanning, filing, archiving and organizing documentation collected by the programme team
Coordination with the program team to respond to their needs
Ensure clear archiving of all the files and the security of data
Ethic and professional practice:
Detail orientated and analytical skills
Respect to humanitarian principles and values
Respect to confidentiality of all information and data received
Restricted information sharing only to relevant internal staff and none to external sources only if requested by line manager
Professionalism and Personal Qualities
– Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities and challenging situations
– Have a willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills.
– Good communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of activities.
– Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in an unpredictable environment.
– Respect the confidentiality of all information and data received and restrict information sharing only to relevant internal staff and external sources only upon approval;
– Respect and promote ACTED’s policies and report to line manager any non-respect of these policies amongst the teams or contractors/Vendors
– Ensuring do no harm and respect to humanitarian values and principles
– Ability to operate in challenging environments, under pressure and travel to hard to reach areas
– Fluency in English is required.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: OPERATING IN ALEPPO GOVERNORATE MANBIJ, SYRIA
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.