JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3968
Job Title: WaSH Assistant-Data entry
Application deadline: 8/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
BSc in Civil, , Hydraulics, information, computer Engineering , or related degree
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience, previous NGO experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and know-how in information management
- Experience in activity reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Ability to work independently and to show initiative.
- Ability to assess projects difficulties.
- Ability to plan ahead, foresee, report and prevent project difficulties.
- Ability to take part in needs-assessment missions.
- Shows flexible and creative approach to the work and shows ability to express new ideas.
- Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Punctual, dedicated, motivated and serious.
- Fluency in Arabic, and good English language skills preferred (spoken and written) .
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally, if necessary.
General objective responsibilities
– Work under the supervision of the project manager in the support of the implementation of projects.
– Support the team and take the lead in database-related issues in the projects.
– Participate to and support technical assessments.
– Report on the work, the advancement of the activities and the possible difficulties.
- Technical Tasks
– Support the implementation and documentation of WaSH activities.
– Ensure quality and accurate work is being produced and standard templates and tools are used for following up WASH activities, and develop activities templates.
– Follow up and ensure a good usage of tools and materials used for WaSH activities, and
Share relevant information of WaSH services provided by Acted or other partners, with supervisors on a timely basis.
– Collect and analyse WaSH activities data, apprise about unclear data, or failure in match required quality or quantity of WaSH services.
– Support and build capacity for WaSH team in information management and computer soft skills.
– Perform any other activities requested.
– Collect photos, documents and information of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected
– Submit activity reports.
– Plan ahead difficulties and participate in finding efficient solutions
- Administration and other tasks
– Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work
– Ensure timely departure and return from the field: this includes leaving to the field with all necessary documents and materials to complete a successful workday
– To perform other duties as requested by the project and country management team
– Respect and follow ACTED’s code of conduct.
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. ACTED implements projects in 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Central America and the Middle East. ACTED currently has operations in Northern Syria. ACTED’s activities include WaSH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.
ACTED is currently looking for one (1) qualified candidate to fill in the position of WaSH assistant (Data entry) based in Al-Hadadya, North-East Syria aiming at supporting the WaSH programs, for a period of 3 months (renewable).
Under the supervision of ACTED staff, the WaSH assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of all technical interventions either undertaken by ACTED or sub-contracted, while making sure that it is matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy.
He/She will be joining a motivated, supporting and skilled WaSH team in expansion, currently supervising diverse and interesting projects in Al-Hassaka and Deir-Ez-Zor governorate.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
Senior WASH Engineer.
WASH Deputy Manager.
WaSH Monitor-WaSH foreman
Local Authorities and other actors in the area.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hadadieh, Al-Hassake governorate
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview