JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3970
Job Title: WASH Officer – Hygiene Promotion
Application deadline: 8/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- BSc in Education, Health, Sociology, or WaSH related degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Arabic
- English is an asset
- Previous NGO experience is a strong asset
- Experience in team management a strong asset
- Experience working in camps an asset
- Experience in activity reporting
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Ability to work independently and to show initiative
- Ability to assess projects difficulties
- Ability to plan ahead, foresee, report and prevent project difficulties
- Ability to take part in needs-assessment missions on the side of Hygiene Promotion
- Shows flexible and creative approach to the work and shows ability to express new ideas
- Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities
- Punctual, dedicated, motivated and serious
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality
- Ability to travel locally and regionally, if necessary
- General Responsibilities
– Work under the supervision of the Senior WASH Officer in the design and implementation of hygiene promotion activities
– Support the team and take the lead in Hygiene Promotion-related issues in the project.
– Support the Liaison Officer to improve the relationship with local authorities and communities
– Participate to and support technical assessments
– Report on the work, the advancement of the activities and the possible difficulties
- Technical tasks
– Support the implementation of WASH activities, especially in the Hygiene Promotion aspects of the projects
– Has a clear understanding of WASH methodologies regarding HP activities such as Household awareness sessions, organization of events with vulnerable groups, Focus Group Discussions…, to achieve project objectives.
– Participate in assessment missions
– Participate in the preparation of HP-related brochures and documentation.
– Prepare and follow-up documentation of diverse WASH Activities
– Participate in identifying best practices and lessons learned
– Collect photos, documents and information of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected
– Assist in the identification and location of beneficiaries when requested
– Submit activity reports
– Plan ahead difficulties and participate in finding efficient solutions
- Administration and other tasks
– Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work
– Ensure timely departure and return from the field: this includes leaving to the field with all necessary documents and materials to complete a successful workday
– To perform other duties as requested by the project and country management team
– Respect and follow ACTED’s code of conduct
ACTED is currently looking for one (1) qualified candidate to fill in the position of WASH Officer – Hygiene Promotion based in Hadadieh, Al-Hassake governorate, North-East Syria aiming at supporting the WASH program in Serekaniye Camp for a period of 3 months (renewable). The HP Officer will work under the responsibility of the Senior WASH Officer.
Under the supervision of ACTED staff, the WASH Officer – HP is responsible for supporting the implementation of all Hygiene Promotion interventions either undertaken by ACTED or sub-contracted, while making sure that it is matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy.
He/She will be joining a motivated, supporting and skilled WASH team in expansion, currently supervising diverse and interesting projects in Hassake and Deir-Ez-Zor governorates.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
WASH Project Manager
WASH Deputy Project Manager
Senior WASH Officer
Hygiene Promotion Foreman
Other HP actors
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hadadieh, Al-Hassake governorate
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview