JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3981
Job Title: CCCM Project Assistant – Governance/CCE
Application deadline: 8/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
NGO experience in relevant field of minimum 1 year.
Experience in camps is preferred.
Experience in working with communities in a humanitarian / recovery context.
Strong human and communication skills. Communicate with impact and respect.
Bachelor degree in social sciences or relevant field.
– Ensuring fair representation of community members in the governance structures
– Supporting, where necessary creating or facilitating the formation of representation bodies
– Liaison, coordination and problem solving between humanitarian partners and community leadership
– Liaison and coordination with camp administration and community leadership
– Provision of key program inputs to ensure camp leadership have the ability to operate
– Supporting, training of camp leadership in key CCCM and Protection Principles
– Chair bi/weekly community and partners meetings – where sector leads provide updates, community members can raise key issues formally.
– Hold community leadership accountable for representation of the wider community
– Establish listening groups at the block level to discuss community issues
– Establish, support and maintain a community newsletter that deals with community news in the site
– Establish support and maintain a community radio station to be broadcast across the site – Boda/Boda TalkTalk.
– Support the camp administration and humanitarian partners in public awareness campaigns
– Coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups, on a formal and informal basis,
– Support and promote participation of women, youth, and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms through consultation
Community liaison, mobilization, and accountability
– Supporting, Coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups, on a formal and informal basis, including chairing of regular community / leadership meetings
– Support and promote participation of women, youth, and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms
– Participate in meetings at site level upon request from the Camp Manager/Officer;
– Take minutes of meetings at site level upon request from the Camp Manager/Officer;
– Participates in the mobilization of the committee members when necessary;
– Supporting, coordination with the community mobilization department, participate in the information/sensitization of the camp population through the mobilization of camp leadership;
– Support and consider gender and protection concerns in all aspects of activities
– Promotion of and adherence to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse principles and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies)
– Weekly report submitted to CCCM supervisor by 1pm every Thursday.
– Day to day supervision and line management of governance team
Other tasks as requested
The “Project Assistant – Governance/CCE” role within the team is to support and guide Camp Governance and Leadership structures, ensuring fair representation across the site. The position is lead under the guidance of the Governance officer, and is fundamental to ensuring 360 communication between Camp Management, Camp Administration and the wider community. The role includes supporting the team negotiating and coordinating with humanitarian partner agencies, resolving key issues, as well as ensuring joint planning for the future evolution of the site. Ensuring a rotation of leadership on a fair and just basis is also key to the role.
The Governance assistants is responsible for supporting the implementation of project workplan, and supports quality of activities delivery to ensure maximum benefit to beneficiaries.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
– Governance Officer
– Camp Manager
– Governance Officer
– Information Officer
– Site Infrastructure team
– Wider CCCM team
– HR department
– Logistics for CCCM supplies
– Finance for payments of casual labor
– AMEU department
– CCCM Technical Coordinator
– All humanitarian agencies
– Camp administration
– Humanitarian Partners
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: BASED IN HASAKE; OPERATING IN CAMPS, SYRIA
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview