JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3984
Job Title: Project Assistant – Site Maintenance
Application deadline: 8/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
NGO experience in relevant field of minimum 1 year.
Experience in camps is preferred.
Experience in working with communities in a humanitarian / recovery context.
Strong human and communication skills. Communicate with impact and respect.
English an advantage.
Bachelor degree in civil engineering or equivalent
– Provide inputs for the production of site maintainence plan every 6 months in coordination with governance team and community leadership
– Ensure timely submission of order forms to logistics for all site maintainence procurement
– Weekly engagement with site maintainence committee at the block level to identify new/exisiting issues to be included in the site maintainence plan.
– Conduct as necessary public infrastructure works and or repair and maintainence of public infrastructure
– Fair selection of CFW / daily labourers, ensuring rotation of working days across pool of workers.
– Ensure compliance of all CFW attendance and payment sheets
– Support and consider gender and protection concerns in all aspects of activities
– Promotion of and adherence to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse principles and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies)
– Weekly report submitted to CCCM supervisor by 1pm every Thursday.
– Day to day supervision and line management of site maintainence team
– Day to day supervision of CFW
Other tasks as requested
The “Project Assistant – Site Maintenance” is responsible for supporting ACTED in their duties for care and maintenance of all public infrastructure within the site. The assistant will be responsible for zone level inputs for the production of a bi-annual site maintenance plan in collaboration with the governance team and community leadership, shared with the camp administration is the basis of the work. The expected kind of works necessary will be, yearly site drainage works, repair of community centres and distribution sites , repair of public lighting and perimeter fencing, as well as ad hoc tasks as per the request of the camp manager.
The Site Maintenance assistant will support in the supervision of daily labourers and CFW employees at a zone level. The assistant is responsible for implementation of project workplan at the zone level and ensures regular reporting to the site maintenance officer.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Under the authority of:
– Site Maintenance Officer
– Camp Manager
– Daily workers
– Wider CCCM team
– Governance Team
– HR department
– Logistics for CCCM supplies
– Finance for payments of casual labor
– AMEU department
– CCCM Technical Coordinator
– All humanitarian agencies
– Camp administration
– Humanitarian Partners
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: HASAKE GOVERNORATE, SYRIA
How to Apply:
Well qualified candidates, including women, are strongly encouraged to apply”
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully
2- You may need to create a G-mail account
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.