JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3987
Job Title: child protection case worker Assistant
Application deadline: 10/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University degree in psychology, sociology, social work, education, or other related fields
- Previous experience working with children, in social work or community outreach
- Minimum of 1 year experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Familiar/good understading of technology, Using disctops, Android systems and online systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, strong communication skills with children and caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in Arabic and English will be preferred
Position will be based in Al Hol Camp supporting Integrated Protection Teams.
- Provide individual case management for children in Hol camp needed in accordance with all case management steps
- Ensure the correct documentation and compilation of CM forms in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and information management procedures
- Provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems (where and if available)
- Participate and support the identification of children harmed or at-risk of harm through parenting interventions, recreational and PSS activities
- Support and oversee the activity facilitators when conducting the activities in SHLS
- conduct the parenting skill sessions to the parents of Adolecsents in the related Area.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Maintain complete, accurate, and confidential case files to document client interactions and interventions using IRC tools;
- Make sure to follow case management data protection protocol for case files and client identifying personal information;
- Contribute to randomized selection of case management beneficiaries for M&R visits, support M&R Assistant visits with clients
- Provide input for weekly activity and movement plan to your supervisor
- Provide monthly reports to your supervisor accurately summarizing and recording your activities; as well as raising challenges or suggestions
Coordination & Representation
- Communicate effectively with other caseworkers and service providers in order to advocate, collaborate and make referrals according to the best interests of children
- Regularly attend case management meetings and relevant case conferences at field level
- In addition to the case management team, collaborate closely with other members of different programs ensuring smooth coordination and referrals
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security situation while you’re in the field; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for organization programs
- Actively engage in all capacity building opportunities including formal trainings, on the job coaching and peer to peer sessions.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the organization programs
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor to support the implementation of the program
- All the organization staff are required to adhere to The organization Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
Job Overview/Summary: As part of its Syria response the organization is expanding its portfolio to provide specialized child protection (CP) services in Al Hasakah and Ar-Raqqa and Der Azore governorates. The CP Caseworker will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and CAAFAG) and their families in this process.
- To ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by conducting documentation, assessments, action plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load of children
- To provide support to families in the process of case management, including foster and alternative care
- To directly work with other caseworkers and service providers on management of caseload and referrals
Who this position reports to:
The Caseworker reports to the Child Protection Case Management Officer and on a daily basis will be administratively supervised by the Integrated Protection Center Officer
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.