JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3988
Job Title: Sr. Psychosocial Support (PSS) Officer
Application deadline: 10/11/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
The qualified candidate must be a mental health specialist or social worker with extensive psychosocial programming experience; or equivalent degree with 2 years in setting up or implementing psychosocial programs at national and/ or international level.
– In depth knowledge of psychosocial programming in the humanitarian context
– Experience implementing Women and Adolescent Girls’ Friendly Spaces, Child Protection, Case Management, PSS programming for persons with specific needs.
– Familiarity with IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings
– Training experience required
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in different cultural environments
– Honest, hard- working and a self-motivated person able to work in a dynamic environment
– Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
– An excellent command of verbal and written Arabic/ Kurdish
– English Language is great advantage
Female candidates are strongly urged to apply.
- Provide PSS supervision to all staff leading group PSS sessions on a bi-weekly basis. This will include discussion of sessions that have been held and planning upcoming PSS sessions.
- Technical support for all caseworkers, including both individual sessions on a monthly basis (minimum) and as required, and through case conferences within each stream on a bi- weekly basis.
- Case conferences/ technical development sessions between MH team and PSS in Protection on a regular basis.
- Hold regular trainings on Psychological First Aid and other PSS topics for staff, with a focus on staff based within Integrated Protection but then opened up to other teams.
- Provide technical support to partner organisations with a focus on PSS activities.
Coordination & Representation
- Responsible for leading on service mapping with regards to PSS services, in close coordination with the Health team.
- Attends on behalf of Integrated Protection in the MHPSS Working Group, on a regular basis.
- Facilitate increased understanding and collaboration between Protection and Health, ensuring that mental health clients are always given access to comprehensive mental health care where possible.
- When needed lead PSS/ Case Management Meetings at least every two weeks with the Case Management officers across the three streams, to boost capacity in PSS.
- Participate in weekly integrated protection meetings to ensure deliver of PSS programming through WPE, CP and PRoL.
- Directly communicate effectively with other managers and key stakeholders in order to regularly report trends and advocate for the best interests of the community, mainstreaming PSS through all Protection interventions
- Establishes appropriate referral pathways between Integrated Protection and Health, and acts as the focal point for Integrated Protection with regards to MHPSS referrals and program linkages.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports with the design and implementation of any MEAL tools for PSS in Protection, as necessary.
- Ensures that Integrated Protection is on track with its indicators for PSS across all three streams, providing non- sensitive data to the Protection Officer within MEAL, and sensitive to the Integrated Protection Coordinator on a monthly basis
- Supports and trains Protection field staff on appropriate M&E in the field with regards to PSS
- Developing and identifying necessary measuring tools to assess success in accordance to indicators of program.
- Implementing and coordinating measurement tools in the field.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Job Overview/Summary: The Senior PSS Protection Officer will provide technical oversight and quality assurance to PSS activities within the Integrated Protection program. This will include supervision, program checks, and content development. Support will be provided equally between the Child Protection (CP), Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) Protection streams in close coordination with the Mental Health team within the Health department. This position will ensure smooth, ongoing referrals between Integrated Protection and Health, and the training of all staff on psychoeducation, psychosocial support and other related interventions, within the framework of Protection. This will include both one-on-one and group sessions, and referrals to specialized providers for IDP and refugee populations in Northeast Syria. Special focus will be given to particularly vulnerable groups, including women and children survivors of violence. He/She will report to the Integrated Protection Coordinator with technical support from the Technical Unit, and MHPSS Manager wherever possible.
– Develop and provide technical supervision for the implementation of psychosocial support (PSS) through Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Child Protection (CP) and Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) programming
– Set up, monitor and develop community-based PSS activities in target sites, providing capacity building for Protection staff across all three streams.
– Hold focus group discussions and key informant interviews with the IDP and refugee population in each of these groups in each site in order to assess need and develop projects.
– Monitor the implementation of activities, ensuring ethical and timely collection of data and identifying opportunities for scaling up PSS activities within Protection.
– Establish appropriate referral and linkage internally and externally with different sectors to provide services identified psychosocial support needs by ensuring confidentiality, consent and right of the clients.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.