Job Title: Security Officer
Application deadline: 5-Nov-20
- 2 – 3 years of work experience at Security Officer/Management level (Security Services, Police or Civil Defense).
- Must have experience in unstable and resource-deprived environments.
- Strong understanding of the security situation across the Middle East Region with specific knowledge of Northern Iraq, Syria and Turkey.
- Experience in conducting operations safely and efficiently in hostile environments.
- Practical experience and knowledge of Risk, Threat and Vulnerability assessments, conflict mitigation and first aid.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to read and write in English. To be able to analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical information.
- Ability to speak in public, respond appropriately to questions from senior managers and peers alike.
- Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) or the United Nations (UN) is an advantage, but IS not essential.
- Develop, maintain and update the NES specific security guidelines and SOPs when required in conjunction with the Country Security Manager (CSM).
- Liaison with local security organizations, local security authorities, the Police and other Emergency services within the region.
- Assist with the registration of new staff members, registration of MRFS offices, guesthouse and warehouse applications. Assist in gaining permission to restricted access areas (for staff and vehicles).
- Liaise with and advise Security Focal Points (SFP) when required in the NES office.
- Monitor security activities within the region, and keep the Country Security Manager (CSM) updated accordingly.
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on mitigation measures to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats.
- Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized correctly. Perform limited incident mapping and analysis, where required.
- Work in conjunction with the Logistics and Transport Manager to ensure that the servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles is adhered too. All drivers who work with or for MRFS are to be fully briefed on all aspects of MRFS driver’s policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work directly the Country Security Manager (CSM) in relation to all security related matters.
- Ensure any incident or security related reports are completed, and sent directly to the CSM, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments.
- Attend security coordination meetings, and update the CSM on any current security issues or concerns.
- Make frequent field site visits, to carry out security assessments, and ensure that appropriate care and attention is being conducted.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all MRFS field and office staff.
- Train sub-partner staff on security related matters, in conjunction with the Program team.
- Build strong professional relationships with other UN agencies, local authorities and other NGO’s where required.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image within MRFS, and the overall credibility of the organization. Notably through the application of the organizations ‘Code of Conduct’, ‘ethics, values and stand-point’, with regard to internal and external actors.
Advertiser : Medical Relief for Syria
Duty Station: Derik
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-DRK-SEC-0098) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line ” NES-DRK-SEC-0098″ will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word a
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.